VP of Quality Engineering
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a VP of Quality Engineering to lead our quality assurance and testing teams, ensuring the highest standards of quality and reliability for our products. You will be responsible for defining and implementing the quality strategy, processes, and tools across the entire software development lifecycle. You will also collaborate with other senior leaders, product managers, and engineers, to ensure scalability, functional correctness, interface consistency and usability to meet customer needs and expectations, as well as shape Zuora’s quality culture and be a strong advocate for that culture.
- Establish and communicate the vision, strategy and objectives for the quality engineering function
- Build, mentor, and manage a team of quality engineers, testers, and analysts
- Define and enforce quality metrics, standards, and best practices across the organization, including performance and scalability metrics and user experience related metrics
- Develop tools and frameworks required for test environment management and various type of test automation
- Oversee the design, development, execution, and automation of test plans, cases, and scripts
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, policies, and procedures
- Identify, analyze, and resolve quality issues and defects in a timely manner
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the quality engineering function
- Provide regular reports and feedback on the quality performance and status of the software products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 15 years of experience in software quality engineering, testing, or related roles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and managing quality engineering teams
- Expertise in B2B software products, technologies, and methodologies, and understand the customer sentiment and dynamics
- Proficiency in various testing methodologies, tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance principles, processes, and standards
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills and ability to create buy-in cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
The base pay range for this position is only one element of a candidate's total rewards package, which may also include bonuses/variable compensation, equity, and benefits. A candidate's final base salary may vary based on location, prior experience, and the context of the overall offer. Click here for more information regarding Zuora’s benefits.