Application Support Engineer III
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
The Global Customer Support team fulfills a super important role for Zuora and is often the main point of contact for a customer and a key advocate of the customer experience. Our team includes more than 100 ZEOs across nine different locations around the world who are strategically structured around our functional teams and customer support levels that increase in complexity and the skills and experience needed to handle it.
The Application Support Engineer is tasked with providing front-line support and solutions to issues reported by customers for Zuora products. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background, is a detailed documenter, and is a masterful troubleshooter. In today's ever-changing social landscape, we need someone up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms, able to troubleshoot basic software applications, and an excellent communicator via email or over the phone.
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers with just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate and grow their subscription business.
In this role you’ll get to
- Be challenged daily to understand our customers' use cases and provide the best solutions - the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development and knowledge training.
- Our management team grows and motivates individuals through coaching and mentoring, creating a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere.
- Ensure an optimal level of customer services
- Analyze, track and promptly resolve customer issues to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Prioritize based on severity and customer impact
- Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities
- Maintain product knowledge of new functionality and compliance changes
- Monitor and manage application and back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements and SLA compliance
- Document solutions into Community articles, leveraging both configuration, customization, and integration
- Participate in a 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call and holiday coverage
Who we’re looking for
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Willing to work in pacific times (9AM - 5PM PT).
- BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years of proven success in enterprise application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience with MySQL
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet able to account for their activity.
- Be a creative, driven, and assertive Team Member always looking for ways to drive improved service and greater operational efficiencies and performance.
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment, liaising with on-site teams and customers
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Proven results uncovering solutions that meet or exceed customer needs
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend a point of view to a variety of audiences
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Something looks off?