Senior Partner Account Manager
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
The North American Alliances organization at Zuora provides leadership developing partnerships with our Strategic Consulting and Implementation Partners. Zuora is transforming the Subscription Billing & Revenue Recognition industry and alignment of partners with Zuora’s regional sales and services teams is a critical focus. The "Partner Alliances Manager" (PAM) is responsible for driving the development and management of one or more Global System Integrator (GSI) and Regional System Integrator (RSI) partners.
The PAM is responsible for managing our GSI/RSI alliances in-region supporting the Go-To-Market (GTM) plan, regional sales team alignment, and service delivery quality. The PAM’s responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of revenue-driving programs, and for evangelizing Zuora’s value proposition within the partner organizations and facilitating the partner’s value proposition within Zuora and affiliated companies. Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, marketing, customer success and services.
In this role you’ll get to
- Build a deep map of relationships with our directly aligned practice leader(s), as well as influencers, Directors, BD Reps, and partners within each of your named partner accounts.
- Set goals for the partners and gain commitments on the specific set of tasks and resources the partner will commit, and continue to hold them accountable in a way that collaboratively helps them grow their practice.
- Measure and drive pipeline with meetings that are BD focused no less than weekly
- Identify target accounts and drive accounting mapping as part of the pipeline development process
- Work with the regional team members to execute GTM plans and develop, deliver on specific partner/sales targets, driving certification growth and delivering customer success.
- Take partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with our Zuora field sales teams and Zuora Industries.
- Ensure that partners are gaining expertise and certifications in key implementation roles. Work collaboratively with Zuora PDS to ensure that the partner’s project and go-live process drive high satisfaction and net promoter scores.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles focused on multiple partner types including GSI’s like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC as well as boutique and regional SI’s found in the SaaS ecosystem.
- Extensive external industry network with 3-5 years of SaaS based solutions and CRM/ERP partner channel sales experience.
- Experience in Subscription Billing & Revenue Recognition is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to build effective presentations.
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Able to travel to see our partners where they work
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area, or major US metropolitan area
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred; MBA a plus
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Something looks off?