Solution Architect - Revenue Accounting
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
Global Services Delivers Zuora’s Customers and Partners an Experience that Inspires them to Push for Excellence, Delivers Unparalleled Thought Leadership, and Propels their Business in the Subscription Economy. We do this with a relentless focus on Time to Value and Adoption.
Zuora Global Services is the premier Professional Services team for customers transforming their business into the Subscription Economy. We work with our Customers, Global Systems Integrations, and PS Delivery Partners to ensure that our customers and partners benefit from Zuora Global Services thought leadership to have a positive experience and achieve their business goals using the Zuora platform.
In this role you’ll get to
As a Solution Architect you will work at the enterprise level to assist in delivering revenue platforms. S/he will leverage strong communication and relationship building and consulting skills.
The Solution Architect works closely with Solution Delivery Manager and Technical Consultants and is responsible for advising the customer on the aspects of revenue accounting. More specifically, Solution Architects will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Supports the architect(s) in requirements gathering and analysis sessions with clients.
- Supports the fit/gap analysis on Business requirements.
- Supports the customer with regular calls to answer revenue accounting questions.
- Provide Technical Accounting guidance to the architects and advise appropriate revenue solutions.
- Assist in period close reconciliations and recommend best practices.
- Prepare internal technical accounting training materials.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor degree in finance or related field and/or CPA qualification.
- Must have at least 2 years of enterprise level experience, within a professional services organization, as a Revenue Manager/Senior Revenue Accountant with a leading technology consulting company
- Experience in ASC 605 & 606 is required.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead business discussions and made recommendations in the best practices.
- Experience in Data Conversion activities, period close activities involving ERP and Revenue platforms.
- Experience in Order to Revenue process in any major ERP applications like SAP/Oracle/Netsuite.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills at the business level, able to collaborate as part of a team to deliver exceptional customer results in a rapid paced implementation environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with solution implementation in the areas of revenue accounting is a plus.
- Customer-facing solution delivery and/or business consulting experience is a plus.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Something looks off?