Technical Support Engineer
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
Zephr, a Zuora Company
Newly acquired by Zuora, Zephr’s platform powers nearly eight billion requests a month and dynamic, personalized subscriber experiences. When combined with data from Zuora’s Billing, Collect, and Revenue systems – the resulting solution will empower companies across industries, especially media, to nurture and monetize their subscriber relationships by better understanding their behaviors, experimenting with the right digital offerings, and optimizing their digital experiences.
In this role you’ll get to
- Triage, investigate, and resolve support tickets of all ranges of complexity, working both independently, in concert with other Support staff, and internal and customer-facing departments e.g Product, Engineering, CloudOps, Customer Success Managers, Customer Business and Tech teams, etc.
- Manage critical incidents to successful resolution (P0, P1)
- Troubleshoot and assist relevant resources with identifying bugs and defects, including clear replication instructions.
- Manage timely communications with internal and external parties to meet SLAs.
- Create and distribute RCA documentation.
- Where appropriate, guide, mentor, train, and up-skill less-experienced Support Engineers.
Who we’re looking for
You are a well-rounded technical generalist with demonstrable SaaS Solutions Support Engineering experience, with advanced skills in and understanding of:
- Web Development - expert with Web debugging (Dev Tools, etc)
- Content Management Systems e.g. WordPress, Brightspot, SPAs, AMP, etc
- Web Performance, Security (OWASP), CDN Edge Delivery/Technology, caching, configuration e.g. CloudFront, Akamai, Fastly, Cloudflare, Varnish, etc
- Customer Engagement
- Solutions Architecture
- SaaS Delivery Methodologies
- AWS CloudFront, CloudWatch (Logs Insights), WAF/Shield, SES, EC2, Certificate Mgr, etc
- Networking - DNS/TLS - SSL/TCP/HTTP/cURL/IPv4, etc (expert)
- Command Line/Terminal (expert)
- SQL (expert)
- Scripting e.g Python, JS, PHP, etc (adequate to competent)
- Issue Triage, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Resolution
- Set-up and configuration of SaaS offerings
- Direct publishing/media industry experience
- Hands-on, start-up work ethic
- Empathetic, Customer-focused approach to problem-solving
- Technically proficient, business-friendly
- Trusted and articulate solution provider
- Mostly tactically focused, strategically cognizant/aligned
- Confident, self-reliant, independent
- Tenacious, creative, exacting; driven to exceed expectations
This role requires a solid grounding in SaaS, Content Management, User Management, and Web technology, tools, and principles in general - you are technically adept and keen to learn.
- You keep abreast of emerging tech trends and are knowledgeable of and conversant in Web technologies, particularly as they apply to the SaaS delivery model.
- You are a fluent English speaker with a strong command of the language, capable and confident when communicating verbally and in writing, from shop-floor to boardroom.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, independent, self-motivated, communicate clearly and regularly with customers and colleagues alike, and are adept at remote working.
- Finally, you are flexible, you thrive on helping others, you strive to be your best, and, while you take yourself and your work seriously, you have a keen sense of humor and enjoy being part of the team.
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company-wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Something looks off?