Manager, Sales Development
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
Zuora’s go-to-market team sells a high-value solution to dominant players across every sector of the market. We power future-proof growth and strategic transformation. With deep value and broad reach, the opportunity for the company and our sales team is massive. Our world class sales and marketing leaders are building teams to drive the next stage of Zuora’s growth and power the global subscription economy.
Our Business Development (ZBR) team is central to how we go to market, bridging marketing and sales motions to break into key accounts across the business. Your success is critical to Zuora’s success and we invest in you accordingly.
- We continually invest in training for you to become experts in our field, our buyer and our products
- We constantly evaluate and refine tools so every one of our ZBRs is leveraged, has the best content, messaging, and technology to perform at the highest level
- We pair ZBRs with expert, veteran sellers to develop lifelong, strategic sales skills
- We support your career path in sales or other roles within the company so you grow with us
In this role you’ll get to
A ZBR Manager is responsible for leading a “ZBR” team of both Sales Development and Business Development Reps. This role will be reporting to the Director of North America and will lead a team of 5 to 7 ZBRs.
The ZBR Manager will assist in establishing team objectives, provide ZBRs with opportunities to expand their knowledge of services, products, and troubleshooting techniques, and analyze call data.
A ZBR Manager will need exceptional communication, interpersonal, and client service skills are a must, as well as comprehensive knowledge of company policies and offerings.
A successful ZBR Manager focuses on improving the growth and production of their ZBR team and both it's inbound & outbound practices. One should be observant and detail-oriented while possessing an understanding of the business, products and services offered, as well as any issues an ZBR is facing.
- Lead, motivate, and direct the activities of assigned team members in order to achieve objectives, project schedules, and team goals in order to achieve quotas
- Collaborate with and leverage cross-functional teams (Sales Management, Account Executives, & Field Marketing) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities.
- Utilize industry knowledge to research & develop accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and identify compelling events.
- Prospect to companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, social selling
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Zuora’s product suiteManage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Opportunities (SQOs)
- Executing corrective action, performance improvement plans, provide constructive feedback, and determine the urgency of termination if necessary.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in a sales/business development or business development role for a SaaS company
- 1-2 years experience in sales/business development management role for a SaaS Company
- Strong coaching and leadership skills, ability to motivate employees.
- Positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Team Player; excited to work in a high-energy and collaborative environment
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Passionate about technology, business, and winning
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- The ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
Generous, flexible time off
6 months fully paid parental leave
Learning & Development stipend
Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Something looks off?