Sr Software Engineer
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
THE OPPORTUNITY / YOUR MISSION
As a Sr. Software Engineer on our growing Engineering Success team, you'll be responsible for full system development including design, coding, and deployment of our platform services on which Zuora’s production services and product offerings run on. You'll take on challenges like providing a deployment, orchestration layer that joins multiple database technologies as well as projects that include extending Zuora's data model by allowing per-tenant schema modifications of standard objects with extra fields. You'll also tackle our workflow, event and notification system that captures all changes to Zuora's business objects. You will work on a near real-time data synchronization and integration framework that transfers Zuora data to external systems, 3rd party systems and much more.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable the build of custom solutions that will be used across our company
- Interact with software architects and senior developers to design application modules using object-oriented design methods
- Work closely with QA engineers to design, implement, build and test automations using Terraform, Terraspace, Python, Ansible, Containers, certificates management tooling
WHAT WE THINK YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BE/BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE and/or designing and implementing CI/CD and Kubernetes and applications using Python, Golang, Terraform based technologies
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Understanding of microservices frameworks.
- Understanding and experience with Observability stacks - Open telemetry, open tracing: Grafana, Prometheus
- Experience developing apps on a PaaS with database and object modeling skills
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with the latest application development technologies
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Tons of great ideas, the ability to bring them to life (or sometimes fail but learn a lot in the process) and a love for solving hard problems
- Any Cloud service provider experience.
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Something looks off?