Lead Backend Engineer (Typescript/AWS) - SaaS, FinTech, AI - Remote or Hybrid
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our AI-enabled software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans — increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance — while expanding credit access to deserving people with no added risk!
The Lead Backend Engineer will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, and implement scalable and efficient backend solutions using TypeScript. Support, improve, and optimize existing backend services.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code following best practices and coding standards. Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automated build, test, and deployment processes.
- Support and triage production incidents in real time.
- Improve team efficiency and productivity by advising on process improvement ideas.
We are looking for:
- Experience with RESTful APIs and microservices architecture.
- Service Oriented Architecture - REST/Swagger/OpenAPI
- Experience with deploying to cloud ecosystems. (AWS CDK)
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database systems. (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with version control systems. (Git)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker.
- Experience with testing frameworks. (Jest, Postman, Chai)
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and experience with tools like GitHub Actions, or AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild, or Jenkins.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools like DataDog and CloudWatch.
Perks and benefits:
All Zestys experience:
- The opportunity to join a mission-focused company
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Annual bonus plan participation
- 401(k) with generous match
- Employee Awards and Recognition
- 11 company holidays
- Winter break (office closed between Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Unlimited vacation time
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous family leave policy (12 week maternity leave / 6 week paternity leave)
- Phone, internet, and wellness allowances
- Employee gatherings, including quarterly Town Hall meetings
Additionally, our Burbank, CA area, hybrid model Zestys enjoy:
- Beautiful, modern, dog-friendly office with lounge areas, video games, and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and a fully stocked kitchen
- Complimentary manicures, pedicures, and mindfulness sessions
- Company happy hours, social events, outings, and much more!
About Zest AI:
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all are welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are and where we’re headed in the future. We know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together. Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from groups that are underrepresented in technology and financial services to apply.
Our core values are Communication, Collaboration, Bias for Action, Client-centricity, and Heart. Learn more at Zest.ai, follow us on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/zest-ai/) or Twitter @Zest_AI, or check out our Insights blog (https://www.zest.ai/cms/insights).