Corporate Counsel, Private Funds
About the Role
Are you tired of working in a legal practice and looking to transition into one of NYC's fastest scaling start-ups? Yieldstreet is hiring an in-house Corporate Counsel that has strong transactional experience with Private Funds as well as transactional experience (structured finance or lending). This candidate will report directly to our Director, Legal - Head of Funds & Transactions and work closely with the Investments and Origination teams in executing new debt and equity originations in asset classes including litigation finance, art, commercial, consumer, real estate, aviation, and structured notes. You will lead and manage the legal aspects of each deal from formation of the fund to acquisition of the investment to the offering of securities by the fund on Yieldstreet’s platform. We expect you to live, breathe and love complex transactions, innovative structures and securities offerings.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the investments team to structure and close transactions and negotiate, draft and manage related loan or investment documentation in various asset classes, including litigation finance, art, commercial, consumer, structured notes, private equity and real estate
- Negotiate, draft and manage participation and asset purchase agreements, loan purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, and loan facility documentation in the context of a direct lender or participant, as well as other investment documentation, as the context may require
- Negotiate, draft and manage private placement memoranda, subscription agreements, operating agreements, limited partnership agreements and side letters for newly-created main funds and U.S. and Cayman feeder funds
- Develop an expertise in Yieldstreet’s offering vehicles and structures and work across teams at Yieldstreet to expand our distribution network through improved issuer vehicles and new and innovative structures
- Manage compliance with legal requirements of warehouse facilities and leverage facilities
- Work on securities offerings' disclosure documents and related issues for origination deal documentation
- Attend to corporate governance documents for Yieldstreet and its affiliates
- Work directly with our General Counsel on all aspects related to Yieldstreet’s regulated 40 Act closed-end fund, including attending to required filings, co-investment issues, corporate governance documents, board meetings and managing external counsel
- Negotiate vendor contracts and other commercial agreements
- Assist with the general legal needs of Yieldstreet and liaise with various teams and stakeholders both internally and externally
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Expertise with private funds and transactional experience (structured finance or commercial lending)
- Experience with regulated 40 Act funds preferred
- Strong expertise with complex transactions and innovative fund structures
- Strong communication skills, and be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects, meet deadlines, excel under pressure, and work independently
Yieldstreet is the leading private market investment platform. We believe that private market alternatives should be a fundamental part of your portfolio. That’s why we’re unlocking access to make it easier than ever to get started. We partner with top-tier investment managers to provide investors with a wide range of opportunities across real estate, venture capital, private equity, art, short term notes and more. All of our offerings are curated and vetted by our team to help investors diversify away from the stock market with confidence.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments a fundamental part of the modern portfolio. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We are a hybrid work company giving you the opportunity to connect with your peers in real time with the flexibility to work remotely a few days per week.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $200,000 - 250,000 (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes generous, bonus, benefits and equity.