Senior Associate, Portfolio & Risk Management
About the Role:
Yieldstreet is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Portfolio Management team full time. You will be working with/reporting to the Managing Director of Portfolio Management and Capital Markets.
The Portfolio & Risk Management team is integrated into Yieldstreet’s investment process at every juncture, from reviewing pre-transaction diligence and underwriting at the investment level, to oversight of portfolio level concentration and risk management. We collaborate with various Yieldstreet functions including the Investment teams, Product, Marketing, Finance, Valuations, and Operations.
Portfolio & Risk Management’s core responsibilities:
- Investment Process: Understand and challenge risk assumptions and conduct upfront independent deal-level risk reviews
- Portfolio Construction & Risk Analytics: Track post funding investment performance on a deal and portfolio level. Top-down portfolio as well as bottoms-up investment level management.
- Investor Communications: Assist with communicating investment level performance using conceptually fluent frames and data visualizations
This role will be based out of the NYC office and requires someone to be located within a commutable distance. You should expect to be in the office at least 3 days per week.
What you'll do:
- Assist with executing the team’s agenda including investment process management coverage and assisting with platform underwriting/manager selection, portfolio construction guidelines and oversight of post-close investments
- Review & enhance deal and portfolio level key performance metrics to monitor deviations from original investment theses across a diverse set of investment strategies
- Monitor, evaluate and develop reporting to highlight risk factors at the portfolio and single investment level
- Contribute to the development of risk analytics and frameworks
- Collaborate across functions to achieve firm wide objectives including origination, underwriting, structuring, operations, technology and marketing
- Help with the buildout of the Portfolio & Risk Management function as it scales including automating processes (basic programming experience is a plus)
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. CFA or CAIA is a plus
- At least 2 years of finance, investment management or risk experience, bonus for experience in a credit underwriting/risk role
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail. Deal execution oriented with a readiness to roll up your sleeves and manage a process end to end
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure is a plus.
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines and geographies
- Excellent prioritization skills to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Passion for innovation, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of design tools, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $100,000 - $130,000 (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes generous bonus, benefits and equity.
Something looks off?