Engineering Leader - Card Platform
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $800M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
As one of X1’s first Engineering Leaders, you will own the roadmap, execution and scaling of our Card Platform teams. The Card Platform group provides the technical bedrock of X1 - a working credit card.
You will lead engineering for all essential credit card operations and functionality (payments, transactions, statements, credit reporting, collections, disputes) as well as our risk and fraud infrastructure.
Who will you work with?
An elite group of engineers who are alumni of Affirm, Stripe, Google, Pinterest, Y Combinator, and more.
What will you work on?
- Take our credit operation pipelines - which critically underlie all other parts of the X1 Card - to the next level as we scale to billions of dollars in annual spend.
- Evolve our early data science and ML capabilities on risk and fraud into cutting-edge technological advantages that will hyperscale with the business
- Shape the Card Platform roadmap, balancing technical priorities with stakeholder needs.
- Own your org’s delivery and execution excellence against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Grow and develop world-class teams in a dynamic and exciting business environment.
- Work closely with our founders, engineering leaders, Chief Credit Officer, and Head of Fraud.
Who are you?
- You thrive in complex environments that demand an eye for both detail and for seeing the big picture.
- Ability to absorb a new domain, identify key opportunities, and assemble an executable agenda that you can then drive through your teams.
- Comfort navigating decisions with tradeoffs under time pressure.
- No less than 2 years of experience in an engineering leadership role.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: in addition to having an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, you love the art of creation through code.
- Hungry to grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will challenge you to always bring your best.
- You drive yourself and your teams to bring quality and consistency to their code and architecture, without compromising velocity.
- While not required, prior experience with ML/AI infrastructure and operations, payment processing, payment systems, or third party integrations is a plus.
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/
See more open positions at X1 Card
Something looks off?