Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday has built an Enterprise Data & Analytics Team to transform and optimize the way Workday builds and shares trusted data to drive insights and data led innovation across the enterprise. One of the key organizational principles of the group is the treatment of data and analytical assets as products with an agile methodology to support their continued development. Each data product will have a dedicated multi-functional Fusion Team to drive data onboarding, security, discovery, transformation, and analytics to build value in line with the business priorities. Join our team as we strive to deliver exciting new user-centered, predictive, and prescriptive reporting analytics at Workday!
About the Role
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will design, develop, improve, and optimize all BI solutions within the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. Your initial focus will be on the Enterprise Metrics Fusion team where your work will have the attention of key leaders across the company. You will partner closely with multi-functional teams within the organization to determine the best way to surface key performance indicators and operational trends. We are looking for someone with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and to provide guidance in the formulation of data analyses from concept through presentation phases.
- Lead interviews with key business leaders and stakeholders to deeply understand what business problems we are trying to solve, key questions to be answered, and how the tools developed will fit into the business process to be supported.
- Analyze/curate large volumes of data using various tools like Tableau prep, SQL, or any other data-modeling tools etc.
- Develop interactive and easy-to-understand visualizations using standard methodologies to effectively solve business problems by enabling business insights and making recommendations
- Act as a trusted advisor when questions arise regarding BI solutions and metrics
- Partner with data product Fusion Teams to define new or modified data models needed to support use cases
- Design, build and publish Tableau Data Sources to support dashboard requirements, ad-hoc analysis while ensuring standard methodologies
- Be an authority in troubleshooting and resolving dashboard, data, and security issues reported by business users and fellow team members
- Thoroughly QA new and modified data sources/dashboards for accuracy and functionalities
- Develop training collateral and deliver training to the end-users on new and existing dashboards
- Follow Agile methodology, including sprint planning and review meetings, daily stand-ups, and following epics and stories
- 3+ years as a Business Intelligence Analyst or related role.
- 3+ years working in Tableau Desktop and publishing to Tableau Server required.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau with SFDC and SQL (intermediate to advanced) for senior leadership consumption
- Excellent user experience design and data visualization skills.
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to and understanding of corporate metrics, particularly in a SaaS or enterprise software model is highly desired.
- Experience working with Corporate, Sales, CX, and/or Marketing Operations preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively. Project management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
- Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $132,200 USD - $198,200 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $110,200 USD - $198,200 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!