Principal Managing Partner- Higher Education & Government
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
The Principal Managing Partner will be responsible for managing strategic customer accounts including developing executive relationships, providing overall management of Workday’s ongoing activities with assigned customers, and negotiating customer requests. In addition, the Managing Partner will work with Workday teams (such as Sales, Products, ISE, PMO, etc.) to ensure we’re offering the right services to meet the needs of our customers. The Managing Partner will work with Sales and Services leadership to develop business through positioning and selling services for new and existing customers. The Managing Partner will be measured on client satisfaction, retention, and overall Education & Government Industry financial measures.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Serves as the Education & Government Industry executive representative managing assigned customer accounts. Account assignments are based on size, complexity, and breadth of overall customer initiative.
- Serves as an Executive Sponsor on strategic projects. Represents Education & Government Industry Practice and RVP at assigned customer accounts. Ensures all services are successfully delivered.
- Build and maintains relationships with customer executives.
- Provides leading practices, thought leadership and guidance to customer executives through deployment and operations. Develops customer strategic plans and works with customer executives and team to drive Workday value through adoption, collaboration, and innovation to realize strategic objectives.
- Works with several organizations to ensure we have a clear strategy and messaging regarding the role Workday and our partners will play on strategic customer accounts.
- Works with our Alliances and Partner Operations team to ensure our partner organizations are delivering customer assignments at expected quality levels and timings.
- Engages with product and service delivery organizations to provide guidance on customer strategy and needs
- Advocate and liaison to product strategy on behalf of the customer and ensure customer engagement with product and other customer enablement programs.
- Responsible for delivering assigned strategic advisory services to customer during deployment and on-going operations
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction and ensuring the customer is referenceable
- Engages with the Regional sales organization to assist in strategic pursuits by representing Education & Government Services and architecting the overall solution.
- Serves as the overall escalation point for resolving customer issues (including deployment, contractual, and relationship issues).
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the Customer Experience organization through leading and participating on internal initiatives.
- Promotes a positive working environment.
- 15+ years of experience successfully growing and managing a customer experience, IT services, or professional services organizations.
- Leadership abilities to motivate and focus the Higher Education & Government Industry organization on strategic customer objectives.
- Higher Education and/or State & Local Government industry experience especially with leadership positions and roles related to Finance.
- Experience in managing/ prioritizing multiple customer demands, balancing customer satisfaction with revenue and profitability targets.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large enterprise full-suite projects in Cloud SaaS/ ERP environments (including HCM, Payroll, Financials, Planning and Budgeting).
- Experience positioning and selling professional services while working with software sales teams to position/ sell additional products.
- Familiarity with SaaS governance modeling, and agile methodologies to help Higher Education & Government organizations navigate the cloud environment.
- Willingness to ‘roll up one’s sleeves’ and assist wherever needed.
- Team player who will work across the organization and company to continue improving the way we serve our customers.
- Excellent communication, sales and presentation skills.Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!