Senior Manager of Software Development - Financial Reporting
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Workday Financials Application Development organization is a highly talented group that is delivering a next generation of SaaS solutions designed to meet the needs of today’s global businesses, built using the most modern technologies and development methodologies, providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, performance and integration capability.
Financial Reporting is a diverse team distributed across Vancouver - Canada, Pleasanton - U.S and Dublin - Ireland.
Our mission, “With Unity of purpose we inspire each other to build innovative products which deliver high value to our customers, while fostering a trustworthy, fun and collaborative environment.
About the Role
As the Senior Manager of the Financial Reporting team you would:
- Be a visionary for the team, setting and communicating the team’s technical direction and vision across the business leveraging data and insights.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and fail fast
- Have a passion for technology, regularly suggesting innovative techniques and directions
- Form a cohesive performance and architecture team, with a great culture, that can execute on business goals that have never been achieved before at Workday.
- Have a business mindset, be pragmatic and know what to balance to get software delivered with the most impact on time
- Map the high level business goals to actionable objectives and key results
- Set priorities and can focus on the strategic plan
- Have impressive communication and collaborative skills to manage and oversee projects with cross functional teams across the business and geographies
- Be a great networker, forming trusting relationships in Dublin and California with our stakeholders and customers
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the team
- Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Form a team the team that fosters our culture and enables our people to have great career experiences in Workday
- Be an ambassador for our culture, where employees and customers come first and acting with integrity
- Be agile, be able to pivot the team quickly
- Empower your teams, motivating and making your teams and people successful
- Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope
- 5+ years delivering scalable SaaS solutions
- 5+ years OO software design and development experience
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work
- Support and foster innovation
- You have built and managed high performing engineering teams and hired top class engineers
- You have delivered software in a SaaS environment and at scale and understand the tradeoffs between new innovation projects and projects running at scale
- Experience in career growth and personal development
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of Financial applications
- Excellent communications and influencing skills across all levels of a large organization, as well as with external partners, stakeholders and customers
- Excellent knowledge of distributed systems design and best practices
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: CAN.BC.VancouverPrimary CAN Base Pay Range: $149,600 - $224,400 CADAdditional CAN Location(s) Base Pay Range: $149,600 - $224,400 CAD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!