Quality Assurance Engineer
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamDo you thrive in the autonomy and agility of a small, innovative team while seeking the stability of a large corporation? Are you passionate about testing scalable applications in frequent collaboration and iteration with designers and engineers?
As part of the Lodestar Application team at Workday, you'll be an integral member of a multi-functional team in an agile environment. You'll collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to deliver exciting and impactful features for our customers. Use your expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product.
About the Role
This Quality Assurance Engineer will develop, modify, and complete test plans, automated scripts, and programs for testing. They'll be responsible for debugging software products through systematic tests, ensuring and maintaining quality standards for Workday's products. This involves successfully completing, documenting, and resolving system tests.
- Think creatively from a customer perspective, while bringing a pragmatic approach to solving issues.
- Act as customer advocate in understanding requirements, while guiding on principles in the development and quality release of Subscription Billing functionality.
- Implement manual functional testing of features under development and document, investigate, and communicate defects discovered during test execution.
- Design and review automated testing strategy as per functional requirements.
We are a geographically distributed organization with a focus on a presence in Pleasanton, CA and Boulder, CO; we coordinate teams around these geographies but ultimately collaborate with engineers and architects across the world.
- 4+ years experience in functional end-to-end workflow testing, including manual and automated test planning and execution
- 4+ years of functional experience in any of the following areas: opportunity management, consumption-based or subscription billing, customer invoicing, revenue recognition, forecasting and reporting
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Creative and organized, with a dedicated customer approach.
- High degree of attention to detail, with an eagerness for problem-solving.
- Hard-working and confident with the ability to work with different teams.
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver or other UI Automation Tools.
- Proficient in crafting automation test suites at scale using one of these tools: JUnit, Bamboo, Silk Test, Selenium, or Cypress
- Experience leading or mentoring team members.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: USA.CO.Boulder
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $95,200 USD - $142,800 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $90,400 USD - $176,500 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!