Manager, Software Development Engineering - Core Transactions
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamAt Workday, we are very passionate about what we do and live our core values: Employees, Customers, Innovation, Integrity and Fun. Did you know Workday has been named one of the World’s most ethical companies?
Workday Financials Core Operational Transactions Organization is on an exciting mission to build products for the Office of the CFO ,This organization collaborates effectively with several cross functional groups and teams to produce and deliver highly scalable products for our customers while giving an individual a lot of opportunity to grow in their own professional role.
About the Role
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build Core Operational Transaction products for Financials Management.
- Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity with the ability to motivate and inspire the team
- Partner with Product Managers, Quality Assurance, Technical/Functional Architects, and other stakeholder groups to plan releases, ensure alignment and implement effective solutions to key business problems
- Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones
- Balance resources with task assignments
- Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project
- Coordinate projects that span multiple teams
- Support team members with career growth and personal development
- Coach teams on how to deliver committed results, meet schedules, exceed customer expectation and resolve complex technical problems
- Recommend changes to processes, methods and implements practices that enables the team to become high-performing.
- Engage with our stakeholders at all stages of the product lifecycle to ensure we are solving the right problems and defining the right solutions technically.
- Keep stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
In this leadership role you will drive highly technical initiatives and empower your team members to innovate and continuously deliver critical business capabilities and enhancements. This team will potentially support initiatives around new tools/technology adoption to develop and support future looking capabilities that gives Core operational transaction products a competitive advantage. An ideal candidate for this role will be a hands-on technical leader.
8+ years of OO software design and development experience
5+ years experience in Agile development
Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
Capable of being a hands-on software development leader
Experience in Financials ERP application development is a plus
Deep understanding of software development life cycle
Excited to support team members career growth and development
Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical audiences
Ensures a psychologically safe environment for team members
Excited to innovate and explore modern technologies to build new and exciting features/capabilities
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: USA.GA.Atlanta
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $142,400 USD - $213,600 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $135,300 USD - $254,400 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!