Senior Financials (FDM) Consultant, State & Local Government
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamJoin our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Role
The Professional Services Financials Senior Consultant will be tasked with ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution. They will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements. The Consultant will work with their clients to understand their business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution. They will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project.
- Become a specialist in the Workday Financials product suite
- Lead design sessions for multiple financial functional areas
- Drive client business requirements
- Configure and Prototype the Workday solution
- Demonstrate Workday features to clients
- Support Client with Unit Testing, End to End Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Work with the client and data conversion team to help convert legacy data into Workday
- Complete the work assigned to you by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
- Assist integration consulting team with designing, configuring and testing both packaged and custom integrations
- Learn, understand and advise on Workday’s Deployment Methodology
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
- Help mentor new Consultants
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client is reference-able once they are in production
- Participate in update training, supporting ecosystem and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants
- Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them informed of overall project status
More about Workday for Education & Government:
Workday Higher Education Products Overview:
Workday State and Local Government Products Overview:
Workday Financial Management Product Overview:
- 6+ years implementing Financial solutions.
- Previous consulting experience either as a consultant with a consulting company or an internal consultant.
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or similar applications
- Experience with at least 2 functional areas:
Financial Data Model (FDM)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for customer service
- Project management experience is ideal
- Technical experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to commit to long-term projects
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Experience with multiple financial applications a plus
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $125,600 - $188,400
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $104,700 - $188,400
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!