Software Application Engineer - Workforce Time Management
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday is outstanding in that we build enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. In this team, you’ll be working with key architects, product managers, and other partners delivering a new generation of on-demand enterprise solutions crafted to meet the needs of today's global business!
At Workday Time Management we provide an end-to-end solution to cater for all aspects of worker’s Time Tracking and worker’s Time Offs.
About the Role
Are you a senior software developer or architect that wants to be at the top of your game? Be a game changer at Workday. A typical day for a developer in Absence at Workday looks like this:
- Collaborate with your peers to craft innovative technical solutions to meet client needs
- Team up with business and peers on how to deliver your ideas better and faster
- Update your scrum team in the daily stand-up
- Contribute your ideas to the scrum team’s user stories
- Develop new features and make improvements to cloud-based applications
- Partner with your QA and Automation peers on the best ways to test your code
- Mentor and guide the team to produce outstanding customer solutions
- End the day knowing that your contributions were impactful and your opinions made a difference!
- 5-10+ years of industry experience
- 5-10+ years experience designing and developed in Java, C# or other OO languages
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate about creating innovative technical solutions to meet client needs
- Proven to take ownership and pride in what you do
- Proven track record of collaborating with your team
- Proven ability to communicate and write well
- Proven ability to work on an Agile team
- You have a solid understanding of design and analysis of software for performance
- You have Web application development or SaaS experience
- You have worked on large-scale, distributed, and highly concurrent systems
- You have experience in test driven development
- You have UML experience
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $142,400 - $213,600
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $135,300 - $240,000
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!