Project Director, Federal Government
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Student solutions for midsize and large organizations.
About the Role
The Project Director will be responsible for the overall management of customer deployments in the Federal Government vertical largely by providing advice, direction and guidance to Workday Deployment Partner Project Directors and Project Managers in the area of Workday deployments. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to strategic deployments, managing the customer and customer executives, establishing project governance, and managing deployment communication within Workday.
The Project Director will also work with the Services Sales teams, Consulting Managers, and Workday Resource Management Team to determine appropriate staffing plans, assemble project teams and resolve resource challenges to successfully deliver Workday projects.
· Manage a portfolio of projects, including Workday primed and partner primed projects
· Manage budget, timeline, scope and risks for assigned portfolio of projects
· Monitor project forecasts, and compliance with departmental policies on project governance
· Act as trusted advisor for the customer's executive leadership team, including participation in Steering Committee meetings
· Work with Resource Management and Consulting Managers to staff project teams and act as escalation point for project staffing issues
· Assist with sales to provide expertise on deployment approaches, input into project staffing plans and SOW’s
· Conduct project assessments on strategic projects
· Provide advisory services on strategic projects
· Review project change orders to ensure they are adequately documented and executed
· Collaborate across projects in the portfolio to help bring consistency and delivery excellence across the business
· Lead internal initiatives that support practice development
· Mentor Engagement Managers through continuous coaching on Workday methodology, processes and policies
· Experience working with clients in the Federal Government
· 10+ years of professional services experience
· 5+ years of experience of Workday experience, including: HCM, Payroll, Planning and/or Financials
· Expert at building deep trust and influencing at the C-level
· Demonstrated expertise in Workday’s project methodology and Product Suite HCM, Payroll, Planning and/or Financials highly preferred
· Project Management experience
· Experience navigating highly matrixed environments
· Excellent organizational, mentoring, and communication skills
· Passion for customer success
· Ability to travel 50% or more of the time
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $168,600 - $252,900
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $152,100 - $252,900
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!