Workday Student Field Readiness Architect - Student Financial Aid
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday’s Field Readiness Architect (FRA) teams are driven by a passion for our products, partners and the success of our customers in implementing our best-in-class cloud solutions. We’re a diverse group of people, with an invaluable mix of experience and backgrounds, located across the country dedicated to delivering product updates and best-practices to Workday Student projects, both Workday and partner-led teams.
We are committed to a work-life balance including:
● Ability to have flexible work schedules
● Empowering you to follow your desired career path & achieve professional and personal goals
● Encouraging work-life balance and wellbeing
● Championing equal opportunities for everyone
We are looking for someone to join our team who is eager to learn with a creative mindset, loves working with teams, enjoys process improvement, helping others to learn, and having fun.
About the Role
Field Readiness provides the knowledge and creates the tools, templates and strategic approach which aid a professional services ecosystem to maintain knowledge of our Student product and deploy Workday in a consistent manner to maximum effectiveness for our customers. We are privileged to work with the best of the best in Professional Services, Product Management/Strategy, Development, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Pre-Sales, Implementation Strategy, Education and Training, Product Support, and with all of our implementation partners.
Field Readiness Architects are the primary leaders that drive field awareness and make sure consultants are fully equipped to implement Workday Student within each functional product area.
This role within Field Readiness is specifically focused on supporting Workday Student Financial Aid, the consultants focused on this functionality and its related components.
What you will achieve in your first 12 – 24 months
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to the field through the following programs:
- Product Leadership Program
- Knowledge Sharing Sessions
- Product Release Update Certification Program
- Altitude, Rising and Workday major events
- Ongoing ecosystem events and programs
- Special Interest Group sessions
- Develop Workday business tools, templates and troubleshooting designed for our Student products, to include:
- Work closely with Product Management for strategic and tactical planning across the product area
- Keep up to date and provide feedback on feature designs, product roadmap and development progress of specific product area
- Conduct Knowledge Sharing Sessions with the consulting ecosystem on product enhancement and emerging functionality
- Provide the most relevant tools and knowledge for consultants to deploy new features in a continuous development environment to support and accelerate deployments using the Workday deployment methodology and to reduce implementation issues
- Manage the creation and maintenance of pre-configurations in order to drive efficiency, including default business processes, iLoad suites, security policies and default configurations
- Align with Engagement Managers and Project Managers to identify critical gaps in consultant knowledge base and develop strategy to close those gaps
- Keep consulting ecosystem up to date on new features and appropriately communicate impact to customers and/or projects
- Support project teams in applying Workday best practices for deployment and configuration
- Deliver product update content via What’s New articles, Knowledge Bytes, implementation toolkit materials, product demos and best practice guides after each software release
- Serve as the escalation point for product issues in our Salesforce and Jira systems
- Research and coordinate potential product issues and escalations with members from other teams to support implementation projects
- Engage with, and collect feedback, from the consulting ecosystem for to help improve work products and processes, and to influence product direction based on customer needs and deployment needs
- 3+ years experience deploying Workday Student
- 5+ years experience implementing, configuring or supporting Student Information Systems at a college or university
- 8+ years consulting experience with a consulting/software company implementing enterprise applications (e.g., Workday Student, Sungard, Datatel, Oracle/PeopleSoft, SAP, Kuali, Ellucian, or similar applications) at a college or university.
- Experience with one or more of the following functional areas:
- Academic Foundation
- Student Core and Campus Engagement
- Student Recruiting
- Student Registration
- Curriculum Management
- Student Records
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
- Student Financials
- For this position, specific implementation, configuration or system support experience is required in these Financial Aid sub-topics:
- Application Processing
- Award Packaging
- COD Processing
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for customer service, team-oriented approach, process-driven improvement, helping others to learn and implement software, and with a high degree of detail-oriented focus on developing high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to thrive and excel in a lean, fast-paced and dynamic environment of an emerging product line
- Proven track record of consulting in complex product areas for customers for one or more of the Student functional areas
- Strong organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Experience in a liaison role with a software development team
- Must be a software product person, who enjoys learning and testing the software. Someone who is passionate about functionality and meeting the business needs of the customers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills both in person and virtually
- Strong logistical and coordination abilities
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Dedicated and independent, you’ll be comfortable working remotely, utilizing a variety of tools with a high degree of autonomy
- Detailed-driven problem solving, with a passion for delivering exceptional levels of customer service
- Self-Starter, willing to identity and take ownership of new initiatives with and for the team
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience deploying Workday Student
- Ability to travel 20% to 40% of the time
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $123,500 - $185,200
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $102,600 - $185,200
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!