Sr HCM Consultant - Higher Education
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamJoin our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday’s Higher Education and Non-Profit (HENP) Industry team’s main purpose is to deliver Workday consulting services and build an outstanding customer experience through engaging and innovative consulting services. In addition, we establish leading practices for our customers, partners, and employees to make the most of the Workday system.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned HR expert with deep Higher Education industry experience who would fill the role of a Senior HCM Consultant on our Higher Education and Non-Profit team. .
The Senior HCM Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of Workday's Human Capital Management solution by providing Workday product and implementation expertise while establishing and championing best practices for the industry. They will work with clients to understand business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Become an expert in the Workday HCM product suite
- Provide Higher Education industry perspective for customer business requirements
- Perform the following on an engagement: capture client business requirements, configure the Workday solution, demonstrate configurations through the development of prototype systems, and assist the client in testing the Workday solution
- Work with the client to help convert legacy data into Workday
- Complete the work assigned by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions
- Understand Workday's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
- Help mentor new consultants
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client is referenceable once the client is in production
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one's product skills with other consultants
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Ultimate Software, ADP, Ceridian or similar applications
- Multiple years of HR experience (employee relations, personnel/human resources, talent management, etc.).
- Awareness of the inner workings of Higher Education industry practices
- Ability and comfort with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Primary knowledge and experience with core human resources and compensation with a willingness to expand area of focus into talent, recruiting, benefits or other areas as demands of the business shift
- Experiences in working with an academic community, worker populations and business environment to understand organizational practices, challenges and change impacts
- Proven track record of accomplishments in identifying efficiencies and improvement opportunities
- Successes in completion of projects, activities and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for customer service
- Functional expertise and technical aptitude
- Self-motivator who does not hesitate to take initiative
- Open-minded and willingness to consider multiple thoughts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful and adaptable; you'll be comfortable working in a new role, using a variety of tools with a high degree of autonomy
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Experience with multiple HCM applications a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $125,600 - $188,400
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $104,700 - $188,400
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!