Manager, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET Manager)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWelcome to the Reporting team within Analytics at Workday! We are responsible for improving and scaling the reporting and analytics engine to query and operate on large volumes of transactions for critically important business needs, interactive analytics and background extractions.
About the Role
As a Manager in the Reporting Software Development Engineering in Test team, you will be a key leader in the company. You will be responsible for enabling a top-notch SDET team to innovate and deliver enterprise-grade components and features for our analytics suite of applications. You will work across teams both horizontally and vertically to ensure we deliver a high-quality application that solves our customers’ needs.
Our Reporting team supports over 3.5 billion executions every month across all Workday customers (and growing!). This is a phenomenal opportunity to lead a team of a team of highly motivated and dedicated engineers and contribute to one of Workday's foundational product spaces.
- Manage complex technical projects and provide architectural guidance.
- Successfully deliver enterprise-ready features by leading projects ranging from seed initiatives to customer-focused enhancements.
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders on setting technical direction and Product Management on requirements and trade-offs.
- Set team-level and engineering best practices around product development.
- You have a passion for overall product quality.
- You love leading QA/SDET teams and delivering industry-leading products.
- You are first a leader, then a manager and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple, elegant solutions and feel great satisfaction from helping others. Your dedication and high standards translate to impressive results and attract like-minded people.
- You love to have fun.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager with excellent leadership, management, and coaching skills.
- 5+ year’s experience in building or leading a team of 7+ test engineers.
- 7+ years’ experience testing APIs, Data warehousing and/or Web/Analytic applications
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, test automation framework, API, and UI automation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Track record of delivering high-quality products.
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!