Senior Data Conversion Consultant
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamA Sr. Technical Data Conversion Consultant is a member of Workday’s Global Technical Services organization dedicated to the implementation of our cloud-based software. We help customers make the most of the Workday platform!
About the Role
We are looking for hardworking, creative consultants who are passionate about what they do! You should excel at explaining complex concepts in simple terms and understanding customer procedures. You are curious about how things work and love solving puzzles.
We look for team members who will suggest creative and new ways to develop and deliver technical solutions. You should be an innovative self-starter who can drive ideas from concept through implementation.
- 4+ years of experience with data migration, integration development, report building, or software development, OR
- 4+ years of experience with technical consulting, requirements gathering, or solution design, OR
- 4+ years of Human Resource, Payroll, Financials, Supply Chain, or Student domain experience
- Advanced skills with ETL, SQL/MySQL, XML, Microsoft Excel, stored procedures or other data tooling
- Experience working with customers/presentations/leading requirements sessions.
- Advanced understanding of the complete software implementation lifecycle
- Participation in minimum of 3 full life cycle software implementations
- Experience taking a leadership role within a software, system, or application implementation.
- Advanced understanding of the complete software implementation lifecycle - including data requirements gathering, dataset migration, data reconciliation, and move to production
- 4+ years of experience coordinating and collaborating with cross organizational partners to define requirements and resolve data issues
- 4+ years of experience mapping, transforming, and loading data from source to target software systems.
- Experience leading a Data Conversion workstream on a software implementation
- Preferable - Experience using GitHub
- Preferable - Experience with Python and/or Ruby
- Preferable - Prior experience with Workday data conversion technologies such as iLoad, EIB, Advanced Load
The Sr. Technical Consultant works closely with the client’s project team to design, develop, and deploy a customer’s various technical requirements. These requirements include migration of data from existing customer systems to Workday. The Sr. Technical Consultant has knowledge of core design principles, common data modeling and patterns, project implementation methodology, and a successful track record of delivering.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!