Software Development Engineer, DevOps/SRE
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Platform Engineering team focuses on supporting development teams in effectively using AWS and other cloud technologies. Currently we support teams from Media Cloud, Learning, Workday Everywhere, and People Experience organizations. We partner with these teams from architecture design through to deployment. We help ensure their services are healthy and robust in production. As Workday’s development and production environments continue to modernize, we play a key part in that evolution. This opportunity is also our biggest challenge as we scale our team to serve ever growing demand. It is also why we are once again hiring.
We are a group of seasoned professionals that lean on collaboration, agile & SRE best practices, and team health to achieve a productive and sustainable work culture. We strive to improve the flow of work to customers and apply meaningful telemetry to aid in how we respond and maintain our services. We aim to strike the right balance of continuous improvement without changing just for the sake of change. Our team is a diverse group of people passionate about supporting both the technology and teams that deliver systems used by millions of people.
About the Role
- Design, build, enhance, and maintain large-scale customer facing systems using AWS and GCP
- Improve operational efficiency to help scale the team by automating where reasonable
- Build platforms that empower application developers to interact with production in a self service manner
- Build and maintain strong relationships with peers and partners to deliver results through collaboration
- Respond to production monitoring: triage, fix, and resolution. Retro and act on incidents to continually improve our systems and processes.
- Engage in a culture of learning and innovation through hackathons, online course offerings, and employee-led special interest guilds
- Be a part of Workday's people-first culture and experience the numerous benefits.
- Three or more years of experience
- Experience with public Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with at least one deployment automation / configuration management tool (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Proven track record of building tooling, automation, and/or services in one or multiple languages (e.g., Go, Python, Ruby or Java)
- Experience debugging and optimizing systems and code
- Ability to architect, analyze, and support complex distributed systems
- Passion to optimize and automate
- Automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications with Kubernetes
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $118,400 - $177,600
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $112,500 - $204,000
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!