Sr Director Software Partnerships Global Markets
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Partner innovation organization works within GPO (Global Partner Organization) and is focused on developing new solution innovation with partners to better position Workday’s products. GPO is driving a rapid and intentional change to adopt an open and modern ecosystem and implement a unified global partner strategy, with cross-functional engagement in programs, systems, processes and people. The partner innovation team is responsible for working with the partner ecosystem to innovate on top and integrate to Workday Products and Technology. Software partnership management identified complementary ISV partners and drives compelling GTM and innovation opportunities.
About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity to identify and create market moving innovations across the Workday Portfolio. Software partnerships for global markets identifies growth opportunities through better payroll and regional software partnerships. The role requires solid understanding in building partnerships, including leading the entire partnership lifecycle. This role will develop a team of experienced payroll and regional partner managers passionate about building and co-innovating with our partner ecosystem. The role requires partner management, payroll, industry, and understanding of HCM and Finance solution concepts. This role will require strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate successfully with stakeholders.
- 12+ years experience in business development and construction of partnerships through product management, alliance management, implementation or sales strategy roles
- 10+ years experience in the following domain: Human Capital Management, Payroll, Planning, Analytics and Industry
- 6 + years of experience people management and ability to build and foster great teams
- Proven ability to present partnership business cases to an executive audience, ability to provide 3 clear examples of experienceStructure and build a disciplined prioritization of partnership opportunities. Align priorities across regional, product and sales leadership.
- Build a regional partnership organization that works closely with payroll and regional ISVs, engaging in use case discovery, solution building and identifying go-to-market opportunity
- Work with an extended team to develop business cases, negotiate partnership terms and structure legal partner agreements
- Identify and build key relationships across the partner ecosystem, maintaining partner participation in Workday’s innovation programs
- Proactively engage with product, sales, global partner organization and strategy to orchestrate partnerships of impact.
- Model, live and manage to the Workday Culture and VIBE values
- Manage and mentor your team with a growth mindset, to achieve dedication, and help them build development plans
- An inherently collaborative style that enables you to win hearts and minds across organizations
- The sort of personality who thrives in a dynamic environment
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $231,500 - $347,300
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $209,000 - $347,300
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!