Senior Software Development Engineer. (Data-as-a-Service)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWhat is one of the most impactful ingredients for helping Workday users derive next-level, generation-defining insights and predictions? Data.
What is one of Workday’s most critical assets that we must respect, defend, and secure? Data.
What does Workday and its users need to survive, adapt, and excel in a constantly evolving world? Data!
The Data as a Service team provides tools, platforms, and frameworks to Machine Learning teams so that they can be more productive and successful.
There are so many directions that ML can go within the context of Workday, it makes it hard to know which ML applications will provide lasting impact, influence, and business value. Therefore, our approach is: why not enable Machine Learning Engineers to try out all of their ideas? If we can make ML applications easier to build, maintain, deploy, and validate, Workday may be able to find the ML solutions that provide generation defining value and change the way the world thinks about work and their workdays. This is why ML productivity matters right now and this type of ML Application Innovation Factory is exactly what Data as a Service strives to provide.
The Data as a Service team strives to provide industry-leading solutions to data engineering problems for Workday developers and Workday customers. We are made up of an eclectic group of dedicated individuals who pull experience from almost every corner of Workday and some of today’s top tech companies. We take great pride in being relentlessly innovative, intensely encouraging, and persistently positive.
About the Role
As a Software Development Engineer on the Data as a Service team, you will:
- Deliver impactful solutions for some of today’s hardest data engineering problems
- Influence the direction of our product vision and strategy with technical expertise and context
- Provide critical feedback for the team’s technical designs, architecture, and decisions
- Mentor other team members and support their career growth
- Get mentored by other team members to support your career growth
- 5 or more years of experience using programming languages to deliver Production quality software solutions in an industry setting.
- 5 or more years of experience maintaining and supporting Production software
- 2 or more years of experience of object-oriented development experience using Python
- 5 or more years of experience practicing Agile methodologies
- 3 or more years of experience building Production quality software with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) and Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience building Production quality software with object-oriented programming languages
- 3 or more years of experience building and maintaining robust, scalable, and self-service data platforms
- 3 or more years of experience with machine learning and data science technologies
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $160,000 - $240,000
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $135,300 - $240,000
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!