Workday Technical Account Manager
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Technical Account Management (TAM) team provides a proactive and personalized support experience for customers that require a higher level of engagement. TAMs will act as the Support primary point of contact for the customer and also be their advocate within Support and other Workday internal teams.
The TAM ensures business objectives and goals alignment within teams. They proactively find opportunities to improve reliability and maintain availability of the Workday system, helping customers effectively manage their operations.
About the Role
Workday is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager with a passion for customer relations, project and account management. This role requires a self-motivated professional with a strong technical background that consistently brings a high level of commitment to customers and Workday teammates. The ideal candidate brings strong communication and project management skills as well as strong technical background and the ability to strategically and tactically navigate the challenges with large, strategic customers.
The Technical Account Manager will develop and maintain close relationships with a strategic group of implementing and production customers. The ideal candidate will coordinate and prioritize business critical cases/events, and will be responsible for driving escalations and managing incidents for these customers, including internal and external communications with stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with Workday's largest strategic accounts to build strong relationships
- Manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Act as a liaison between Operations, Professional Services, Development, Product Management and Customers
- Demonstrate proficiency in Workday products (HCM, Payroll, Financials) and become an expert in Workday's Architecture
- Review upcoming customer events and planned production activities to identify potential problems, then plan and implement solutions
- Successfully engage with Senior Leadership, Technical and Functional staff to remove roadblocks, address delays and mitigate issues
- Own and drive escalated issues blocking production success
- Effectively use sound business judgment, risk avoidance and SME resources to coordinate team efforts to solve problems
- Carry out regular review of customer cases to identify trends
- Handle challenging situations in a fast paced environment
- Champion and advocate for customers and chair roundtables to ensure close communication and relationship building with key stakeholders
- Serve on and actively participate in customer steering committee meetings
- Drive customer self-sufficiency by ensuring customers understand how to engage with the Workday Support organization and tools
- Pilot new programs and drive continuous improvement initiatives for production customers
- Travel occasionally up to 25% of the time
- Participate in our 24x7 program
- BS or MS in a Technical Degree (ie. Computer Science, MIS) or equivalent technical work experience and skill
Technical Account Manager
- 3+ years of experience in product support, customer success, account management or consulting for large, complex ERP, HCM, Financial, CRM or cloud computing system (SaaS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience successfully implementing or managing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, Ultimate Software, Kronos or similar projects at a senior or executive level
Senior Technical Account Manager
- 5+ years of experience in product support, customer success, account management or consulting for a large, complex ERP, HCM, Financial, CRM or cloud computing system (SaaS preferred)
- 5+ years of experience successfully implementing or managing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, Ultimate Software, Kronos or similar projects at a senior or executive level
- Experience with at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Payroll, Time Tracking, Recruiting, Financials
- Established history of successfully managing issues through resolution and escalation management at both the business owners and executive levels
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience engaging with C-level executives
- An outstanding customer service record
- A great teammate with the ability to engage across corporate functions (Managing Partners, Customer Support, Professional Services, Development and Product Management)
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
- Ability to read, anticipate and assess high stress situations quickly
- Strong planning and organizational skills (project management experience is a must)
- Able to travel occasionally (up to 25% of the time) and participate in our 24x7 program
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!