Engagement Manager - Diversified Industries
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Workday’s Professional Services Delivery teams are driven by a passion for our products and the success of our customers in implementing and generating the highest value possible from our outstanding cloud solutions.
We’re a diverse group of people, with an invaluable mix of experiences and backgrounds, located across multiple locations.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion expressed in the VIBE (Value, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity) approach: At Workday, we VIBE™
Our team lives and breaths Workday’s core values with ‘Employees’ being the first one.
About the Role
The Engagement Manager will be an expert with the Workday Deployment Methodology. They will lead/manage mid to large deployments and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. They will also support executive level expectations by providing internal suggestions to management, based on field experience, as to how to potentially enhance the Workday Deployment Methodology.
- Become a guide in Workday's Implementation Methodology and demonstrate it on all engagements.
- Lead the implementation of 2-3 simultaneous projects.
- Show strength in the Workday product suite - HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials.
- At times, participate in the sales cycle to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach, and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those Professional Service resources working on their implementations.
- Ensure projects are accurately planned and staffed.
- Work with the internal project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday standard methodologies.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Find opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
(P4- Sr Engagement Manager) Basic Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years’ experience project managing HCM, payroll, financial or similar implementations within medium or large Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients
(P3- Engagement Manager ) Basic Qualifications:
- 1-2+ years’ experience project managing HCM, payroll, financial or similar implementations within medium or large Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, or similar application.
- Solid grasp with at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent organization, time management, and social skills.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business development skills.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service sales experience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $118,900 - $178,400
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $107,600 - $189,500
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!