Value Manager, Customer Base
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Value Management team is tasked with guiding our customers on their journey with Workday. We consult prospects and customers on how Workday’s technology solves business problems and unlocks business outcomes and advise internal Workday teams across the customer lifecycle taking the long-term view. We have the privilege of partnering with leaders from the C-Suite of the world’s largest corporations to the all-knowing Finance Analyst behind the scenes at small organizations, while also engaging in highly cross-functional and often global work internally.
We are former consultants, strategists, Finance/HR/IT practitioners, product managers, CX professionals, and educators. Some have advanced degrees, others don’t. We are black, latino, and white. We are Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z. We are LGBTQ+, caregivers, veterans, and immigrants.
While we come from different places, we have a shared identity and set of values:
- We are innovators and we are executors.
- We are futurists and we are historians.
- We like sophistication and we like simplicity.
- We care about our work, and we are committed to ourselves / our families.
- We want to make an impact and enjoy our jobs.
Workday takes diversity, equity, and inclusion (https://www.workday.com/en-us/company/about-workday/belonging-and-diversity.html) seriously, and so do we within Value Management. While we’ve made great progress, we know we have more work to do!
About the Role
Workday is looking for a Value Manager to conduct value management engagements with customers, while also building and supporting our Digital Value Management strategy.
As a Value Manager in this role, you will:
- Conduct consultative engagements with customers that include workshop discovery, capability benchmarking, solution recommendations, and quantitative ROI modeling.
- Command a solid understanding of Workday’s technology and enterprise solutions to deliver compelling and relevant messages around Workday’s unique and differentiated value.
- Develop thought leadership on the value of Workday solutions and services.
- Craft and new value frameworks and digital tools, enabling all Workmates to articulate our value proposition with customers.
- Drive continuous improvement of our Value service offerings by completing adoption/effectiveness data analysis, finding opportunities, developing recommendations, and driving to deliver results.
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, finance, business services, corporate strategy, project management, pre-sales, training, value engineering, sales, or other applicable roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree encouraged.
- Consulting skills including listening to customer needs, developing, and communicating unique insights, ability to sell engagements and ideas, excellent presentation delivery, quantitative modeling, and project management.
- Deeply curious about a variety of business models, highly motivated to have an impact on customers, and broadly interested in using technology to tackle business problems.
- Desire to learn and improve. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple internal partners and customer responsibilities.
- Natural disposition to challenge the status quo and take initiative to solve systemic problems with an enterprise approach.
- Passion to work in a team environment that is highly cross-functional and share standard ways of working regularly.
- Internal and/or customer travel may be required ~10% of time.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $118,800 - $178,200
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $118,800 - $178,200
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!