Manager, Product Application Support (Financial Planning)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Workday Adaptive Planning Customer Support team provides customers an extraordinary support experience! We engage with customers and partners of all sizes and industries to provide technical support for usage of the Workday Adaptive Planning Product Suite. The suite includes financial, sales, and workforce planning capabilities, data visualizations and reporting, data integrations (ETL tools and APIs), machine learning, and more.
Our team is comprised of support analysts and engineers with a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. We are currently hiring for a position in the Atlanta, GA office and have workmates across the US, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. We promote Workday’s core values with a strong commitment to our employees.
About the Role
- Manage a Workday Applications Support team, specializing in the Planning (Financial Modeling, Sheets, System Design and Performance) product areas - hiring and retaining the best software support people now and planning for future business needs.
- Assign incoming cases to team, ensuring the resources assigned have the correct skill set and bandwidth to resolve the issue based on case depth and severity.
- Resolve customer issues, implementing and meeting Service Level Agreements and improving our current processes.
- Act as the escalation manager when customer issues severely impact a customer, driving problems to resolution and managing the communications within Workday and with the client.
- Build relationships with customers, especially key or strategic customers.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Services) on trending customer issues and ensuring external communications are accurate and clear.
- Develop employee training requirements to ensure staff is highly proficient with Workday services and internal processes.
- Ensure quality of case handling, paying particular attention to communications, timely responses and specific care for sensitive customers.
- Participate in and help schedule 24X7 on call coverage.
- Focus on the Knowledge Centered Service model to ensure that analysts are are leveraging the framework and processes.
- Assess and drive metrics for managed support areas, analyzing the data for improvement ideas.
- Prepare team and systems for new Workday software releases.
- Uphold Workday’s policies for data security and customer data access.
- 1+ years as a support Team Lead or Manager in a software company.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in a customer services role (consulting, services, support, account management).
- 3+years proven experience with ERP applications.
- 3+ years as a support Team Lead or Manager in a software company.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer services role (consulting, services, support, account management).
- 5+ years of experience with ERP applications.
- Proven track record to collaborate and build positive relationships with customers.
- Adept at presenting across corporate functions (Services, Product Management, Development, QA, Operations).
- Ability to communicate urgency and rally appropriate resources internally.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical and teamwork skills.
- Handle the stress related to escalation impact and resolution timeframes and conflicting/competing priorities.
- High level of initiative and integrity.
- Strong organizational, presentation, meeting, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required. Business or technical degree preferred.
- Understands Finance and Financial Planning concepts.
- Understanding and good working knowledge of the Workday Adaptive Planning product suite or the capacity and interest to learn the product
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $104,700 - $157,100
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $99,500 - $199,700
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!