Test Automation Engineer
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday is the leader in delivering best-in-class finance and HR applications. Our Product Test Automation team plays a pivotal role in building a positive customer experience by delivering new features and improved functionality. We believe in Quality! Being a key player in a team of Test Automation Engineers, you will drive the delivery of high-quality features and functionality across Financials, HCM, Payroll, Spend Management, Higher Education and Talent applications.
Our Test Automation Engineers collaborate with peers across Development, Product Management and Quality Assurance in the planning, design, and execution of automation testing strategies, while promoting efficient processes and procedures.
We exist to elevate the Workday experience for all our customers in the delivery of quality enterprise applications. Do you want to be part of a team of dynamic Test Automation Engineers? Get involved and experience Workday!
About the Role
Responsibilities and objectives of the role are:
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of automated testware for Workday updates using our best of breed proprietary Automation tools.
- Collaborate with functional QA, Development and Product Management on automation requirements for new and enhanced product functionality.
- Diagnose test failures to report bugs and improvements to Development.
- Coordinate efforts to improve all aspects of test inventory and build pipelines.
- Take ownership of success metrics in the team (code coverage, build pipeline timings and health, test performance, etc.) and actively work to continuously improve metrics coverage, value, reliability and accuracy.
- Champion Workday values and diversity through our VIBE strategy - Value, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity.
- College degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in Automation testing of SaaS and/or cloud-based Enterprise applications like Workday
- Strong technical background required. Must have prior programming experience and solid understanding of how to embed test automation in CI/CD pipelines. Must also have experience in all types of testing, including unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting frameworks is preferred: JUnit, Bamboo, TeamCity, Selenium, Cypress.
- Experience with Behavior-driven development (BDD) approach to testing software using frameworks like Cucumber.
- Able to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also up level communications to broader audience.
- Must be proficient with Atlassian tools like JIRA & Confluence.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $117,800 - $176,500
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $90,400 - $176,500
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!