Sr./Principal Business Intelligence Analyst (Global Customer Support)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamOur amazing Workday Support teams are always striving to improve their ways of working with the goal of enhancing our customers' support experience as well as their own. The Global Support Insights & Analytics team sits within the Support organization, responsible for providing data insights that advise and influence our Customer Support strategy and business decisions. We are looking for a problem solver that partners and supports our internal stakeholders by analyzing data, provide insights and provide recommendations that help drive business decisions. Whether via dashboards, reports, or alerts that are accurate and easy-to-understand and actionable.
About the Role
As a Senior/Principal Business Intelligence Analyst, you will act as the “Product Owner” for the Support Business Intelligence projects, who is responsible for understanding the business needs and providing a robust BI solution to meet those needs. You will Partner closely with leaders and collaborators within the organization to determine key performance indicators and provide reporting and metrics for analysis and tracking. We are looking for someone with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and to provide guidance in the formulation of data analyses from concept through presentation phases. Someone who has a passion for quality and data accuracy and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents and a dynamic fast paced environment. This role requires a blend of understanding business goals and user needs, plus experience managing technology programs.
- Lead interviews with key business leaders and stakeholders to deeply understand what business problems we are trying to solve, key questions to be answered, and how the tools developed will fit into the business process to be supported.
- Analyze/curate large volumes of data using various tools like Tableau prep, SQL, or any other data-modeling tools etc.
- Develop interactive and easy-to-understand visualizations using best practices to effectively solve business problems by enabling business insights and making recommendations.
- Recommend definitions for new and updated metrics, and support metric data governance and documentation.
- Act as a trusted advisor when questions arise regarding BI solutions and metrics
- Partner with the BI Engineering team to define new or modified data models needed in the data warehouse.
- Create and maintain repository of certified metric definitions
- Design, build and publish Tableau Data Sources to support dashboard requirements, ad-hoc analysis while ensuring standard methodologies.
- Be an expert in troubleshooting and resolving dashboard, data, and security issues reported by business users and fellow team members.
- Thoroughly QA new and modified data sources/dashboards for accuracy and functionality.
- Develop training collateral and deliver training to the end-users on new and existing dashboards
- Coach and mentor the less experienced members on the team
Candidates should be local to SF Bay Area, or be able to self-relocate. This role operates in a flex model with at least 50% of time spent in our Pleasanton office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related field of study OR equivalent work experience
- 8+ years (12+ years for Principal) of work experience in business intelligence or analytics, or as a data architect
- Extensive experience in building visualizations in Tableau, SQL, and data preparation required.
- 3+ years of experience with CRM systems
Solid understanding of relational database concepts and data modeling.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with strong business discernment and an ability to communicate analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
Able to work independently and in a team, meticulous, critical thinker and performance driven
Experience with Tableau Prep or other data modeling tools preferred
Proven experience working with business leaders to understand the business needs that can be answered with data
Experience working in the customer support organization preferred.
Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently
Takes initiative and addresses challenges with enthusiasm
Experience with Agile methodology preferred
Great teammate who excels at building relationships across the organization
Other Qualifications for a Principal BI Analyst
- Expert level experience in advanced SQL, data modeling, and data preparation required.
- Strong understanding of the Customer Support processes and how its success can be measured.
- Experience partnering with IT on architecting data solutions/pipelines.
- Experience mentoring/coaching other team members on technical development standards and best practices.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $132,200 - $198,200
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $110,200 - $198,200
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!