Production Readiness Manager (Performance & Deployment Success Partner)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamProduction Readiness is a proactive team within the Customer Support Organisation and our goal is to ensure the Workday product is deployed to improve performance for our largest and most strategic customers. Envision yourself being one of the reasons Workday customers are successful!
The Production Readiness Manager (PRM) is a role that combines technical expertise, project management and customer relations all in one. We are assigned to large deployments or first time in-production large volume events which qualify for Performance Testing. We advocate for the resolution of performance issues by collaborating with Product and Technology, Services, Customer Support, Performance and Scalability and other Workday teams. Additionally, the PRM is the point person for these customers and their partners to ensure a successful transition to production.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer relations, project management, technical and system performance analysis. This role requires a self-motivated professional that consistently brings a high level of dedication to projects, customers and Workday teammates along with the ability to strategically and tactically navigate the outstanding challenges these customers bring.
About the Role
- Liaison between multiple internal and external teams during deployment and post launch support.
- Gather, publish and communicate project plans and results.
- Effectively apply sound business judgment and risk avoidance techniques to coordinate team efforts to solve potential performance issues.
- Own and drive the resolution of increased performance issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Chair roundtables and workgroups to ensure close communication and collaboration with key partners.
- Champion and advocate for customers with partners.
- Identify trends which may signal the need to update or revise processes or testing approaches.
- Pilot new programs and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Basic Qualification - Production Readiness Manager
- 4+ years of proven experience providing technical support for sophisticated software and environment issues with a confirmed grasp of underlying technologies
- 4+ years in customer support, product support, or consulting with a special focus in ERP system performance (SaaS preferred).
Basic Qualification - Senior Production Readiness Manager
- 8+ years of proven experience providing technical support for sophisticated software and environment issues with a confirmed grasp of underlying technologies
- 8+ years in customer support, product support, or consulting with a special focus in ERP system performance (SaaS preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent real-world experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully explain technical architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Decision making, analytical thinking and effective problem solving skills both technically and functionally.
- Able to absorb new technologies and product features quickly
- Ability to work independently, multi-task effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- History of encouraging mutually advantageous relationships with internal and external customers, senior leaders, and partners.
- Able to deal with the stress related to critical issue impact and resolution timeframes and conflicting/contending priorities.
- Confirmed leadership abilities through work experience; able to influence internal and external collaborators that result in positive outcomes.
- Proven project management experience (participant or leader); ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize time efficiently.
- Ability to thrive independently and also be a standout colleague
- Crisis management experience a plus.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $85,200 - $127,800
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $80,900 - $154,300
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!