Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday’s Public Cloud Infrastructure Team is a diverse group of software developers, site reliability engineers (SREs), and operations authorities who work together to ensure our cloud infrastructure is secure, scalable, and highly available.
Our focus on automation means that we constantly strive to streamline processes and reduce manual effort, allowing us to focus on delivering innovative solutions that drive business value. Our team is constantly exploring new technologies and methodologies to improve our processes and systems.
If you're passionate about cloud infrastructure, automation, and are looking for a dynamic multi-cloud work environment, then Workday is the place for you.
About the Role
Workday is looking for a Public Cloud Engineer to join our Infrastructure Public Cloud team. In this role, you’ll have responsibility for the support, implementation, and maintenance of Workday’s public cloud service-mesh offering in production and development environments across different cloud providers. The successful candidate will have a proven track record working in a customer focused organization and have experience of supporting automation systems for infrastructure at a large-scale.
Provide technical support for cloud infrastructure and network-related incidents and issues, working closely with internal and external teams as needed.
Ensure the stability, reliability and performance of the service mesh infrastructure
Drive and solve problems impacting critically important systems and implement automation to prevent reoccurrence.
Implement changes on production systems whenever vital.
Document procedures to support knowledge transfer and cross-training within the team
Basic Qualifications (Cloud Engineer)
- Technical degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience in supporting large scale Linux/Unix-based systems or networking with 3 or more of those years as a software developer.
- 4+ years of proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Go, or Python.
- 4 + years of demonstrated ability with AWS, including a solid understanding of fundamentals such as CI/CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Route 53, etc.
- 4+ years demonstrated experienced with building automation and provisioning services using tools such as Terraform, Atlantis, CloudFormation, ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- 4+ years experience working with all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
Basic Qualifications (Sr Cloud Engineer)
- Technical degree or 7+ years of equivalent experience in leading and supporting large scale Linux/Unix-based systems or networking
- 7+ years of proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Go, or Python.
- 7+ years of shown expertise with AWS, including a solid understanding of fundamentals such as CI/CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, Route 53, etc.
- 7+ years experienced with building automation and provisioning services using tools such as Terraform, Atlantis, CloudFormation, ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in network fixing - solving issues with services in a service mesh and familiar with proxies and overlay networks (e.g. Istio, Envoy)
Demonstrated solving skills that involve analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data.
Good verbal & written communication skills and proven track record to collaborate across teams and organizations
You value continued learning and wish to improve upon your skills through code-review and mentoring.
Experience of supporting virtualized production environments
Familiarity with HashiCorp tools such as Consul and Vault.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $142,400 - $213,600
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $135,300 - $240,000
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!