Software Development Engineer (Performance)
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkdays Performance Customer Operations (PERFCUST) team designs, develops, solves problems as well as debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Resolves hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
About the Role
We are looking for highly skilled Performance Software Engineers who debug, measure, analyze, and improve our Workday software. They are generalist with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet, who enjoy taking a comprehensive view of complex systems. Application Performance is achieved by working closely with all our engineering teams throughout the release cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance that yields an excellent end user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Computer Science/ Engineering or 5+ years minimum demonstrated experience
- 3+ years or more of experience building high-quality software in modern distributed environments using programming language such as Java
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in application and architecture code profiling
- 3+ years minimum of recent experience in infrastructure and application performance tuning
- 3+ years of solving performance issue s in our 24/7 production support plan
- 3 years minimum of capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
- Characterize Performance, Scalability and Resiliency to Ability to prioritize projects, create robust documentation, and collaborate across teams.
- Unix or Linux and Python scripting experience
- OO design and Java development experience
- SQL and mySQL skills or equivalent experience
- JVM Profiling, GC Analysis and Tuning experience
- Hands on experience in sophisticated tool development to analyze performance issues
- Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
- Experience with SOAPUI, JMeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools vmstat/top
- Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)
- Collaborative teammate
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $118,400 - $177,600
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $112,500 - $204,000
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!