QA Manager, Financials
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamOur Applications Quality Assurance team plays a pivotal role in building a positive customer experience by delivering new features and improved functionality. We believe in Quality!
Leading our teams, Quality Assurance Managers drive the delivery of high-quality features and functionality across Financials, HCM, Payroll, Spend Management and Talent applications.
Our Quality Assurance Managers collaborate with leaders across Development, Product Management and Quality Assurance in the planning, design and execution of testing strategies, while promoting efficient processes and methodologies.
We exist to elevate the Workday experience for all our customers in the delivery of quality enterprise applications.
Do you want an exciting job leading a team of dynamic Quality Assurance Engineers? Get involved and experience Workday!
About the Role
Workday is looking for an outstanding manager to join the Quality Assurance leadership team.
Responsibilities and objectives of the role are:
- Manage a team of Quality Assurance Engineers specializing in the functional and manual testing for the Financials Accounting Center area.
- Implementation of QA policies and processes in line with Workday's product development methodology and standards.
- Engage in release planning and grooming; while allocating and prioritizing QA resources.
- Partner with managers across Development, Product Management and QA on the timely delivery and testing of quality functionality to customers.
- Define quality metrics to measure and communicate success.
- Grow and lead team members in terms of mentoring, training and objective setting.
- Guide performance management, career progression and personal development.
- Drive the recruiting and on-boarding of new team members.
- Instill a sense of customer advocacy in testing functionality across the team.
- Champion Workday values and diversity through our VIBE strategy - Value Inclusion, Belonging and Equity.
- 3+ years in managing functional teams, preferably in quality and testing methodologies.
- 3+ years experience / functional knowledge in enterprise applications.
- 3+ Experience in delivering applications within a continuous deployment model.
- Ability to lead a team efficiently in working to tight timeframes, across multiple projects.
- Desire to advance and influence quality improvements in supporting a positive customer experience.
- Shown success in building cross-discipline and cross-team collaborations.
- Clear effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Opportunity for a driven and results-oriented leader to manage a progressive and growing team.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!