Principal QA Automation Engineer
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamWorkday Mobile is used by millions of people around the world. We need inventive and hardworking engineers who proudly supply clean code and collaborate effectively. You are the person for this job if you are excited to lead, collaborate, be diligent, and want to be part of a team that values you as an individual and all that you offer. Ready for your next excellent adventure?
About the Role
- Architect cross product end to end maintainable automation framework, collaborating with existing tools, new tool evaluation and infrastructure planning.
- Write automation code using Kotlin and swift using UIAutomator and XCUITest frameworks
- Build unified dashboards using scripts to supervise metrics for app health
- Mentor, train, code review and support QA engineers on how to write quality automation code
- Build and implement test cases and scenarios
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- 7+years validated experience in writing mobile automation framework and tests
- Lead an effort to up level the test engineers to write automation tests
- Scripting experience
- Must have knowledge of Jenkins, Jira, TestRails
- Good soft skills working with other engineering and devops team to arrive at efficient solution to technical challenges
- Must be detailed oriented and organized must be able to quickly assess impact of new features on the framework architecture
- Come up with standard methodologies/processes at an organizational level
- Able to handle complex and critical situations in a time sensitive manner
- Notices process gaps and provides optimal solutions
- Mentor other QA Engineers on the team
Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $170,400 - $255,700
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $145,000 - $255,700
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!