Lead Product Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Lead (Hybrid)
Who We Are
In today’s economy, an increasing number of workers are choosing to freelance. By 2027, half the U.S. workforce will be independent contractors. Yet there is no system of record for this vast self-employed community and the legions of businesses that increasingly rely on it. A new paradigm is needed to accommodate the future of work that is suddenly no longer in the future. That is what Wingspan is building.
Wingspan is the first payroll platform designed specifically for independent contractors and their businesses. We make onboarding, payments, and compliance easy for flexible workforces of all sizes. Whether you’re a one-person business or a large enterprise, Wingspan has you covered.
We’re a Series A startup based in NYC with backing from some of the best VCs and operators around, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and the CEOs and founders of Warby Parker, Harry’s, Allbirds, Invision, and Flatiron Health.
Now we're hiring for you: an ambitious leader ready to help build, design, and support enterprise-grade software scaled to millions of individuals.
Are you ready to be part of a team redefining the future of work?Apply now!
Who we're looking for:
Wingspan is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help lay the foundations for repeatable and consistent growth. You should be driven, adaptable to change and creative as you help us test out new ideas and find what works in the pursuit of building the best team possible. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in building an organization and culture from the bottom up, and taking our Marketing function to the next level!
What you'll do:
- Know our customers: Telling our story means telling the story of our customers. You’ll develop a deep understanding of their current environments and the outcomes and the contractor payroll API market.
- Create compelling messaging: Distill the value of Wingspan and serve it up to sales teams and product leaders responsible for selling product integrations.
- Showcase our solution: Work with our Product, Design, and Sales teams to successfully launch new products and integrations.
- Enable our Sales team to confidently present our brand and product: You’ll spearhead sales training, collateral, product positioning and competitive differentiation.
- Create original content: You’ll contribute actively to our website, blog, and content strategy. You’ll play a pivotal role in ideating new campaigns and crafting the emails, videos, and presentations that power them.
- Be the first hire on our marketing team
- 8+ years of product marketing or product management experience, with a track record of mastering technical markets and products.
- Recent hands-on experience marketing software, ideally targeted at finance, operations, or technical teams.
- Cogent writing, speaking and visual storytelling skills. Your work will appear in our blog, on our website, in sales presentations and at events that we host.
- Naturally curious, with an analytical eye and a penchant for an original story angle.
- Ability to craft hypotheses, quantitatively and qualitatively analyze problems, and move quickly to action.
- B2B SaaS and payments product marketing experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. At this time we are unable to transfer or sponsor visas
- At Wingspan, we pride ourselves on offering a competitive and comprehensive compensation package that reflects our commitment to attracting top talent. The annual base salary for this role ranges from $160,000-$185,000, and is accompanied by a target equity package and an extensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. All figures cited are in USD and pertain to workers located in the United States.
- We understand that each candidate brings a unique combination of skills, experience, and qualifications to the table, which is why we tailor our compensation packages based on factors such as expertise, years of experience, certifications, and other factors.
- Join us in our mission to innovate and excel, knowing that you will be valued and recognized for your job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our comprehensive benefits and rewards are designed to help you thrive both professionally and personally, as we work together to shape the future of our industry.
- This role will be based in New York City and will have a hybrid work model that consists of a combination of onsite and remote work expectations. This model is designed to provide our employees with an optimal balance between in-person collaboration and the convenience of remote work. We believe this approach fosters a more productive and engaging work environment while supporting our commitment to employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Please note that the specific onsite and remote work schedule will be established based on the requirements of the role and the needs of the organization, and remain subject to Company discretion. The Company reserves the right to modify its in-person and remote work policies and expectations.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Top of the line Mac laptop
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
**We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.**
To all recruitment firms we do not work with: Wingspan does not permit the submission of agency-provided resumes. Kindly refrain from sending resumes to our job-related email addresses and Wingspan staff members. Wingspan will not be held accountable for any charges associated with unsought resumes.
At Wingspan, we are an equal opportunity employer passionately dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We wholeheartedly believe that embracing diversity of perspectives and backgrounds is essential to building the best products and providing delightful experiences for our users and team members. We are proud to maintain an environment free from discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or ordinance. As we strive for excellence, we are committed to ensuring fair employment practices and business dealings and rejecting any form of discrimination or retaliation. These protections and commitments extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, Wingspan also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
If you would like to request an accommodation as part of the application process, please contact [Clifton Jadoo at email@example.com].
Join us in our mission to create a company and products we love, as we celebrate our diverse workforce and promote an inclusive work environment that drives innovation and success.