Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack - Risk Team
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
As part of the Trust and Safety Organization we are passionate about building great software and looking for like-minded individuals who share this passion and who are continuously looking to learn and grow. In this impactful role, you will develop user-interfaces and dashboards that enable our innovative payment systems. You will be part of the Merchant Fraud team that works on building a platform that allows merchants to easily create a highly performant fraud prevention solution by choosing the best ML model and combining the model scores with automatically generated business rules.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in frontend development, overseeing the implementation of solutions .
- Work closely with designers, data scientists, and product managers to refine the user experience and ensure seamless integration of UI/UX design principles.
- Translate complex data insights into intuitive visualizations and interactive components. Develop reusable data visualization components and libraries.
- Define and implement scalable frontend architecture, establish coding standards, and promote best practices for frontend development. Ensure adherence to accessibility standards and optimize performance.
- Mentor and collaborate with frontend engineers, conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
What We Are Looking For
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and the ability to translate complex data science concepts into intuitive user interfaces.
- Familiarity with Restful API design and implementation, working knowledge in Python or Java
- Experience building scalable systems and knowledge of distributed systems design is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to frontend engineers, drive technical decisions, and foster collaboration within the team.
- Experience in developing visually compelling data visualizations and charts using libraries such as D3.js, Plotly, or Highcharts. Ability to optimize performance and interactivity of visualizations.
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies,
- 145,000 - 200,000 USD Base Salary
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.