Senior Software Engineer - Security
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2022
The Security Development team empowers teams to protect WePay data by building libraries and tools, including but not limited to cryptography, key management, Identity Access Management (IAM), and IT tools for automation of onboarding/offboarding employees, giving guidance on their proper use based on company policies, industry regulations and/or best practices. We are looking for talented engineers to help with our mission of keeping sensitive data secure in transit and at rest.
What you will do
- Build tools & libraries to make security easier to integrate and less error-prone
- Work on new features or bug fixes for our IT tools & automation
- Write code primarily in Java and Python
- Participate in peer code reviews
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 4 years of development experience
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of algorithmic design
- Exposure to a full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of testing, code reviews, documentation, etc
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adapt quickly
- Experience in backend system design, and architecture & implementation of APIs
- Experience in database design
- Experience in microservices architecture is a plus
- Experience in cryptography, and cryptographic key management is a big plus
Technologies we use
- Languages - Java, Python, PHP
- Cloud technologies - GCP
- Event streams - Kafka
- Databases - MySQL, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis
- Palo Alto, CA $137,750.00 - $225,000.00
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching, and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
See more open positions at wepay
Something looks off?