Product Design Lead
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2022
We allow everyday people to invest in the startups they love!
Wefunder is the largest funding platform connecting founders with their community. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 1000 pre-IPO startups with $500M+, from early-stage moonshots to unicorns.
Wefunder's Story 🗻 https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp Mission 🎙 https://wefunder.com/charter
Note: Wefunder is a hybrid workplace. This position is based in San Francisco.
We’re a team of founder types, and pride ourselves on a lack of red tape. Your potential matters more than your background or experience; we’re the company where you can take your shot. Everyone is here to learn and grow, to work on a meaningful product, and to fix capitalism. We’ve spent years lobbying congress to fix the law, and in turn, created this industry.
- 💰 Salary Range: $ 125,000 - 165,000 / year (depending on your experience)
- 🚀 Generous stock options package.
- 🏝 Unlimited vacation days with no less than 3 weeks off.
- 🚞 All-expense-paid Wefunder vacation once a year.
- 😷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 💻 Apple equipment. Whatever you need.
- 🧇 Lots of free food and drinks. We often have lunch or dinner together.
- 📚 Classes & conferences. If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it.
- Lead design across the company, working directly with our founder and building your own team over time. Since we're small, you wear many hats. Our promise is that you will find the necessary resources and autonomy to create an excellent UX and help us fulfill our mission.
- Perfect our user experience. Talk to hundreds of founders & investors until you grok them, shadow fundraise calls, and screen product suggestions from the team. Use your insights to become an ambassador for our users throughout the development process.
- Continue our visual overhaul: A consistent design system, typography, colors, React components, etc. We've been growing too fast and have some design debt.
- Influence the product roadmap and lead new projects. Create detailed Figma mockups and then work with engineers iteratively until deployed to production. Monitor in production, talk to users, measure data, and iterate again.
- Be a resource to engineers when they need design help with what they are working on. We believe engineers should be able to contribute to the product.
Skills & Experience
- We don't care too much about years of experience: You should probably have at least a few, but beyond that, we care more about your work.
- You can get inside the head of founders and investors. Our ideal candidate has a head start: You've either founded a company, worked with a founding team, or invested in a startup.
- You err towards minimalism and simplicity with a critical eye for detail.
- You won't sacrifice our user experience to pump up short-term metrics. The long-term is more important.
- You excel at simplifying complexity. Unfortunately, the law is complicated: For legal reasons, web pages might need over a dozen variations for different user groups and companies.
- You naturally design for responsive layouts and are interested in improving your front-end coding chops.
- You understand when to A / B test... and when to guard the soul of the product
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We don't want a confidence gap and imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting incredible candidates. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at Wefunder
Something looks off?