Senior Associate, Liquidity and Risk Management
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
As a Liquidity Senior Associate, you will work as a strategic partner within the Treasury team and with key functional leaders within Wealthsimple. As a trusted advisor, you will provide insight on key capital and liquidity drivers, advise and collaborate with cross functional teams to find creative solutions to difficult problems. You are adaptable, flexible, and thrive in a collaborative, innovative environment where two days rarely look the same.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to Wealthsimple’s Treasury and Liquidity management, including liquidity and capital planning, liquidity risk identification, liquidity risk assessment, and liquidity monitoring
- Enhance Wealthsimple’s cashflow forecasting model, and use its outputs to inform our capital and cash management strategy
- Maintain and enhance the liquidity models to size liquidity exposure in different scenarios
- Create and optimize existing business processes to improve our Treasury management
- Prepare materials for senior stakeholders, including board meetings and audit and risk committees
- Build best-in-class liquidity risk management capability for a fast growing and exciting fintech
- Support strategic Treasury and cross-functional projects that enable new product launches and optimize our balance sheet management
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2-5 years of experience in a data driven Treasury role
- Has statistical data analysis and modeling skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with various team members
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail
- Can use data to craft stories with a clear message
- Communicates well and can explain complex concepts simply
- Is comfortable working independently and owning their work
- Is curious, creative, and proactive
- Is passionate about fintech and Treasury
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.