Director of Growth and User Acquisition
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, and hands-on leader to lead our growth marketing efforts and complement our world-class brand, creative, data science and engineering teams. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will lead the acquisition team of one of the fastest growing businesses in the country as we onboard millions of new Canadian clients over the next few years.
- Manage and coach a high-performing team of motivated marketers responsible for user acquisition through paid digital ads, affiliate, partnerships, SEO, SEM and more channels.
- Develop and own attribution models and framework that align with Wealthsimple’s business and product priorities
- Monitor and report on client growth performance
- Be responsible for key company growth metrics, including new client acquisition
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering, Data Science, Creative and Product Marketing teams to craft high-performing marketing campaigns that add value to broad and targeted audiences.
What we are looking for
- Relevant experience - Brings 5+ years of experience leading a user acquisition team at a B2C company with a proven track record in digital advertising (preferably in a high-growth startup or financial industry)
- People leadership - Ability to motivate, coach and manage a strong team; possess a warm, direct and growth-mindset leadership approach.
- Organization and planning - Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in a productive manner, with a rigorous focus on prioritization
- Strong written and verbal communication - Speaks plainly and truthfully. Communicates complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way for any audience (e.g. engineering, data science, creatives, executive team)
- Collaboration - Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Honesty and integrity - Doesn't cut corners. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient
- A strong problem solver with extraordinary judgment and ability to navigate through uncertainty; there is rarely a playbook to follow
- Focuses on the most important things - knows where to go deep, and where to go fast, to make the biggest impact
Nice to haves
- Prior fintech or finance experience
- Mobile advertising and attribution experience
- Experience managing a $1M+ monthly acquisition budget
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.