Senior Editorial Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Team
We’re looking for an Editorial designer to join Wealthsimple’s content team, reporting to the Art Director. This Designer will work closely with our editors and writers on Wealthsimple Magazine, ongoing educational content, and Wealthsimple’s editorial newsletter, TLDR, Canada’s most-read business email, with more than two million subscribers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a team of passionate creatives to produce the clearest, most useful, least boring service journalism, money explainers and financial content on the internet.
- Work closely with the content team to create illustrations, charts, and graphics for our weekly TLDR Newsletter.
- Commission and art direct freelance illustrators when needed.
- Translate Newsletter and Magazine content into social media ready formats, and help develop new social media content franchises.
- Collaborate with editors and writers on educational videos, creating storyboards for motion designers to animate.
- Help manage workflow for all creative projects.
- Work with the Brand team to ensure artwork is developed in harmony with Wealthsimple brand guidelines and channel best practices.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has demonstrated experience working in a deadline-driven environment, such as an editorial newsroom, editorial outlet or agency.
- Can lead projects autonomously when needed.
- Will lead and participate in brainstorming conceptual solutions for complicated subject matter and feel comfortable working in a group setting.
- Is an excellent communicator, comfortable collaborating in a team environment, offering and receiving design critique.
- Is interested and engaged in current events and culture.
- Has production experience and can own their work from concept to publication, developing, revising, and ensuring relevant stakeholders are consulted as needed
- A self starter with the ability to multitask and organize the demands of day to day and ongoing projects.
- Strong typography skills, and a solid understanding of layout/composition.
- Is fluent in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in video editing and/or motion graphics is a nice to have
Please submit copies of creative work or your creative portfolio for review with your application.
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.