Senior Manager, Brokerage Risk
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Improving and iterating on internal controls designated to manage our brokerage risk
- Developing and advising on controls for SOC 1 compliance
- Partnering with other teams to build out risk frameworks around new product offerings, such as margin and lending, that can scale at the speed of our product ambitions
- Driving our counterparty risk framework to scale lending operations
- Playing an important role in establishing Wealthsimple’s compliance program for margin accounts
- Providing advice and support with respect to policies and procedures, controls, policy exceptions and regulatory rules to the applicable stakeholders
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Wealthsimple’s policies and procedures related to risk management within our brokerage
- Assisting with other assignments and projects as required
We're looking for someone who has:
- Industry knowledge - comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements for margin accounts and complex options strategies, and a deep understanding of the operations of these products
- 5+ years of experience working in a brokerage environment with expertise in margin and lending products
- Business judgment - demonstrated the ability to link business imperatives and regulatory requirements; business creativity and problem-solving mindset
- Risk management - experience assessing and mitigating risks with a lens to impact optimization and enabling stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members; confidence to express views that may be contrary to prevailing wisdom
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail; ability to exercise strong judgment in gray areas
- Eye for innovation - deep subject matter expertise and process-driven, but who also looks for opportunities to challenge our approach, find new creative solutions, and improve the way we work
- Honesty and integrity - doesn't cut corners; does what is right, not what is politically expedient
See more open positions at Wealthsimple
Something looks off?