Senior Data Scientist, Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Data Science
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
The Wealthfront Data Science Team utilizes our rich financial and behavioral data to influence key product and marketing decisions as well as to create data products personalized to our clients. The team draws from backgrounds in Computer Science, Natural Sciences, Statistics, and Operations Research.
The Senior Data Scientist role will be primarily responsible for our Marketing stakeholders, which includes Paid, Lifecycle, and Product Marketing sub teams. The potential set of projects for this role includes (but is not limited to) Multi Touch Attribution, View-through Attribution, Incrementality testing, Media Mix Modeling, client segmentation, AB Experimentation and client revenue modeling. A key desired trait for this senior role is an advanced ability to reduce business problems to mathematical language and communicate results to stakeholders. An ideal candidate will also act as a mentor to junior team members and demonstrate an ability to explain technical concepts in a simple language.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to a team of data scientists working in the marketing area, translating business problems into Data Science tasks.
- Employ a high degree of mathematical rigor and best practices for software development.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to identify key initiatives for the Marketing area and champion the role of Data Science within these initiatives.
- Formulate project plans with clear rationale, candidate approaches and milestones.
- Guide execution of project plans with a combination of hands-on work and task delegation.
- Interpret and contextualize statistical results for business stakeholders and help translate numbers into recommendations and guidelines.
- Identify and formulate steps to automate repetitive manual work (toil).
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science or Natural Sciences with 6+ years of prior experience in a Data Science role.
- Experience in a Marketing facing role preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a track record of partnering across organizations to sharpen project requirements. Sometimes this includes re-framing the original request to solve a more general problem with similar effort.
- Strong hands-on mathematical and software engineering skills to execute on complex projects.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Strong desire and ability to mentor junior Data Scientists within the team by exemplifying math, engineering and technical communication skills.
Estimated annual salary range: $185,000 - $211,000 USD plus Equity.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice