Senior Content Designer, Investing
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
About the role
We are looking for a senior content designer, solid in both craft and strategic thinking, to jump into our Investing team. Wealthfront pioneered automated investing by offering broad access to sophisticated investing strategies at a fraction of the cost of traditional financial advisers. Since then, we’ve continued to expand the ways we help our clients build long-term wealth through saving and investing. As a member of the design team, you’ll immediately take on meaningful, strategic projects to shape product experiences that help our clients simply understand complex concepts and navigate their financial situations. You’ll work in lock-step with a cross-functional team to deliver end-to-end product experiences that inspire healthy financial behaviors and make investing seem effortless.
Success in this role will require strong communication skills, strategic thinking, a high bar for craft, and executional excellence. We’re looking for someone who is excited to deeply understand our investing products, passionate about humanizing product experiences, untangling jargon, and who loves writing clear, concise content. A passion for investing or experience building consumer financial technology products is highly desirable.
You must be exceptional at the craft of UX writing and care deeply about the details, and leverage your content expertise to influence large and small decisions that lead to best-in-class client experiences. You’ll be expected to drive content-led initiatives that are relevant, aligned with the product and company strategy, and are important priorities on the roadmap. You’re interested in understanding client behavior and are motivated to craft content that speaks to clients emotionally, as well as rationally.
You’ll collaborate very closely with cross-functional counterparts on product design, user research, product management, brand, engineering, legal and compliance. You should genuinely care for our mission to “build a financial system that favors people, not institutions” and be a zealous advocate for client needs.
Design at Wealthfront
Unlike many companies where design teams are trained to make incremental changes and work through a chain of hierarchy to advocate for bold new ideas, the design team at Wealthfront is expected to be innovative, creative and strategic, because design and content are critical to realizing our vision.
We’re empathetic people advocates. We're interested in what our clients need to know, and what they don't. We organize and present content in the most straightforward, useful, and inclusive way. And we’re not just wordsmiths (although we are good at that, too). We partner strategically with our product management and product design counterparts to shape client experiences.
Content designers are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers, legal, and data scientists. In an environment where we’re making big bets, and innovation is encouraged, we embrace failure and care much more about the magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, content and design are equal partners to engineering and product.
We’re a remote friendly team and open to candidates in the US.
- 4-5+ years of content design experience in a consumer software company; experience in building financial technology products is a plus.
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates how clear communication can make or break a product experience. More specifically, we’re looking for a range of content and writing abilities for product experiences, such as product screens, notifications, microcopy, emails, FAQs, style guides, and patterns.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects across teams, navigate ambiguity, quickly tailor effective content approaches within constraints, and influence the user experience beyond just content.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders (e.g. product managers, UX designers, and engineers.)
- Defines and executes content design strategies for your teams’ products and features.
- An understanding of UX design principles and best practices for mobile and web, and an eye for the details and an interest in the finer points of wordsmithery.
- Deep curiosity and interest about fintech
Mindset that excels at Wealthfront
- Someone who embraces complexity, loves engaging in intellectually rigorous discussions, critically evaluates trade-off, both from a customer and business perspective
- Someone who turns ambiguity into clarity and navigates the organization to drive alignment
- Someone who consistently thinks about the company and team first and has the resilience to work tough situations, steps up and leads the team
- Someone who goes above and beyond to make others around them successful
- Someone who is enterprising and also demonstrates high agency. You don’t wait for change but instead move with urgency and come to the table with proposals on how to improve
- Someone who deeply cares about learning and growing with the company
Estimated annual salary range: $150,000 - $190,000 USD plus equity and a discretionary bonus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $50 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please review our candidate privacy notice