Backend Engineer - Fraud and Risk
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Palo Alto, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our Fraud and Risk development team. You will work with other engineers to design and build new features, or enhance existing features, in the Fraud and Risk space. This includes automated testing, and monitoring to require minimal operational maintenance.
A successful engineer in this role is someone who not only thinks about how to build something and make it work, but also can see the ways systems can be manipulated by bad actors to do illegal, unethical, or uncool things.
We are looking for individuals who have some interest or background in analytics, as a large part of what we do is centered around data. This role provides opportunity for leadership both at the project and team level. We value a tightly knit collaborative environment, giving people a mix of team and independent decision making.
Additionally, you might play a part in evolving the engineering organization by participating in recruiting activities such as interviewing candidates and attending career fairs.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in developing backend components, services or APIs in Java or a similar language.
- You demonstrate knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms.
- You have knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (ideally something like MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server but NoSQL is okay).
- You have passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing.
- While not required, knowledge of Python is a plus.
- While not required, you dabble in data science, machine learning, analytics.
- While not required, knowledge of an ORM technology such as Hibernate would be useful.
- While not required, another plus is working with a dependency injection framework (one of Guice, Spring, Pico, Dagger).
- You have either a BS or MS in computer science or related field.
Once You Join
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and our semi-annual reviews
- Provide you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Estimated annual salary range: $142,000 - $150,000 USD plus Equity, plus benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $43 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice