Senior Director, Sales
Our Sales Organization is looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced sales leader to build and lead the sales teams of our newest product, Activate. As the Senior Director of Sales for Activate, you will be responsible for building a team that drives sales through our landlord customer channel, our strategic partner channel with the world’s largest commercial real estate company and VTS investor CBRE and to the tenants at each of the buildings managed on the VTS platform. The team is being built from the ground up and the span of responsibility includes Sales Development, Account Executives and Sales Enablement. You will be part of an elite, professional, and rapidly growing team that succeeds through collaboration, tenacity, and constant improvement.
To thrive in this role you must cultivate, train, hire and oversee all things people for the Activate sales team. You will also be responsible for leading by example, by consistently helping to open and close doors for the members of your team. You will empower reps to develop their areas of weakness and level-up the entire sales organization. You will do thi by effectively evaluating existing talent, coaching and motivating the team.
Here’s what you can expect as a Sr. Director of Sales:
- Strategy: You will leverage your 10+ years of experience in sales and over 5 years of experience in team management to employ a very hands on approach to management/deal flow, including shadowing/running sales calls at the senior executive level. Use structured account planning and value-based selling techniques to both win and expand accounts. Work in partnership with the Primary Account Owners to map the account including decision-makers, influencers and champions.
- Relationship Management: Work with the Head of Strategic Growth to develop and execute co-selling processes with CBRE to maximize the value of the Property Management channel. Act as Key stakeholder for developing the strategy to sell Activate to both the building ownership as well as the tenants at each office. You are willing to travel and thrive in a fast-paced, scaling and deadline-oriented environment
- Solutioning: Partner with the Managing Director and the Activate Business Unit to continuously progress both the Product and Go To Market strategies. Partner with marketing to execute a joint go-to-market motion to win accounts.
- Risk Mitigation: Embrace a scientific approach to sales planning and management— understanding targets and quota. You will manage the teams’ activity and sales funnel with clearly defined processes and exit criteria. The combination of inspection and engagement will drive activity, behavior and outcomes, using best-in-class sales systems & processes. MBA a plus.
In return for this work, you will be given the opportunity to make a tremendous impact in one of our fastest growing teams in the US! As VTS grows, so will you!
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.