Lead Product Manager, Technical Platforms
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco and Chicago office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Vouch’s Platform is the engine behind our success. Our technology enables us to rapidly innovate in insurance design and helps our customers get insurance in minutes. This underlying platform enables core capabilities for configuring new insurance products, generating insurance quotes, and managing data throughout the insurance workflow that will serve all of Vouch’s future products and clients. As part of Vouch’s Platform team, you’ll be responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps, setting vision and goals, and defining functional requirements to ensure the successful implementation and operation of our platform with current and future Vouch applications. You’ll be passionate about how to empower other product & engineering teams to easily integrate their applications into our unified platform.
- Collaborate with engineering architects to understand technical capabilities and constraints to define and prioritize core platform services.
- Work closely with all product managers to understand their respective product roadmaps and requirements.
- Synthesize the information from various product roadmaps into a prioritized list of platform services that align with company-wide objectives and customer needs.
- Communicate progress, value, and blockers to the wider business
- Define, measure and analyze feature adoption and impact to the company
- Champion the rollout/adoption and change management to the end user community
- Identify key AI and machine learning opportunities that can be leveraged to enhance the functionality, efficiency, and innovation of our platform.
- 5+ years of technical/platform product management experience, managing multiple backend products that have many stakeholders, including researching requirements, prioritizing features, and proactively partnering with stakeholders
- A solid technical understanding of how the systems your engineering partners build work
- Systems thinker with an ability to digest highly complex, ambiguous dynamics into simple options and path forward
- Excited to learn about new industries and motivated to become an insurance expert.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in articulating customer/stakeholder pain
- An analytical thinker that can discern insights from both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience operating in a fast pace startup
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $180,000 to $200,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks.
We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to . #LI-Remote